Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software: ArtRage (free download)

I just discovered this little jewel.

I'm still reading through the documentation, but it looks promising. It has a trace feature (not to be confused with clone) similar to Corel Painter. Very arty results are possible for those with traditional art/drawing skills or with a moderate amount of tracing ability.

Windows and now Mac version available (see below... thanks, Jaime.)

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html

~Danny~
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 07-10-2005, 11:16 PM.

I downloaded Art Rage. Wow, it gives realistic results. I will definitely have fun with this one. Fantastic. Thanks for putting me on to it.

Judi

Comment

An updated version 1.1 is now available for Apple Macintosh too.

The update adds new features including Zooming, larger canvases, a colour sampler, and the ability to import normal images for painting on to.

Comment

Thank you Danny !

Have just dld it. Can't wait to install and start playing with it asap

Rgds - Martha

Comment

Jamie... Thanks for the update on the availability of a Mac version.

= = = = = =

Originally posted by Marthig
          Thank you Danny !
          You are most welcome. It's always a pleasure to share and help when I can. Wish I could do more.

~Danny~

Comment

I just had to try it, even tho right now I'm sitting in front of a crappy machine with only a mouse available..
            Well, it's not a masterpiece, but it's nice.

I wonder what I can do with this program at home with my tablet
            Needless to say that I fell in love with it

Many thanks for the link..
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drach
              I just had to try it, even tho right now I'm sitting in front of a crappy machine with only a mouse available..
              Well, it's not a masterpiece, but it's nice.

I wonder what I can do with this program at home with my tablet
              Needless to say that I fell in love with it

Many thanks for the link..
              Very impressive. I can see why you were pleased with the results.

Look forward to seeing more of your creations using this software (with tablet or not). They will be an inspiration to many.

~Danny~

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Danny

After like 2h of "work" here's a small preview (made with tablet)
                Enjoy
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drach
                  Thanks for the kind words, Danny

After like 2h of "work" here's a small preview (made with tablet)
                  Enjoy
                  Pen/tablet sure makes a difference. Well worth the effort.

Nice car, too!

Comment

ah, this could be useful in our smudge painting thread. thanks danny

Craig

Comment

I am so disappointed I installed and everytime I clicked on one of the buttons on the top right (such as help and file) my PC restarted ! Did any of you have the same problem ? My OS is XP professional, have all the updates, 528m ram 1,91 ghz AMD Athlon 2,6+
                      The installation was made without problems or error messages, can anyone help, please ?

Comment

dont know, martha; havent installed it yet. maybe some files missing? is there another help file listed on that web site? maybe install it and see what happens?

Craig

Comment

Problem solved (sort of)

Thanks Craig for your input.
                          Since I am (very) persistent, tried for a third time with the intention of uninstalling it if the same thing happened again. Only this time did not try to click on any of the "navigation" buttons and started to doodle some things, after trying all the painting options I decided to try clicking on those dreadful buttons and it worked, the various options were displayed.

Danny
                          It is as good as it says, you can use any png, jpg and I think bmp as a background and paint over it ! I will try with some of the images already submitted and post here to show what could be done. Thanks again.

To all who intend to try, in case the same problem I had, occurs try painting something on the canvas just as it appears on opening and after that try using the options on the top right of the screen.

Regards - Martha

Comment

ArtRage has been doing fine for a couple of days. But this morning I got the attached error. Changed the 'jpg' to 'jpeg'; same error.
                            Attached Files

Comment

interesting. sounds like some sort of initialization bug then good that there's a work-around.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X