• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewey Web

Here's one for y'all to play with.
    kiska
    Attached Files

Here is my effort. Not happy with the web, but I like the rest of it.
    kiska
    Attached Files

Comment

You might not be happy with the web; but from what I can see in your sample, it looks great. Since I have a lot of spider webs, I think I'll be trying your technique on a few of them.

Thanks,
      Janet

Comment

Well, thanks Janet. I appreciate that.
        kiska

Comment

I've been working on a FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) tutorial.
          Instead of working with it, thought I'd play a bit.
          So here's some FFT art!

Attached Files

Comment

Here's my try.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ro, yours is an mathematical masterpiece. The optical illlusions are just what a spider needs to trap unwitting bugs.

Vinniesworld, your interpretation looks almost otherworldly. Any spider would be proud to have that web and the setting.

Great job, both of you.

Guess it is time for me to quit working and start playing.

Not that you would call this art...but what the hey, tis a real spider doing what spiders do best. The poor butterfly has no clue.

Yes to your comments. The spider is slightly out of focus. He/she came at me with no holds barred and I snapped and jumped at the same time. Creepy ol' spider. And yes, the butterfly IS in motion in the real picture and thus also blurred.

Janet

What is art? Good question.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Janet Petty; 12-02-2004, 10:59 PM. Reason: uploaded picture

Comment

Y'all are doing good things, guys.
                Here I used dry brush, difference, dup, merge. Then I applied median and smart blur, masked to paint in web.
                kiska
                Attached Files

Comment

Something a little different here. PSP8 rough leather texture in orange, added light canvas texture, sharpened.

AmyHutton
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice effect, Vinnie. The sepia look works well on this one.

Janet, your additional critters are excellent. Not good news for Mr. (Mrs? Ms.?) Butterfly!

Ro: Very arty. FFT = another tutorial in the works from you?

I applied a plugin I found on the net awhile back called "Luce" for the light-beam effect. Sharpened and desaturated the rest. Applied a Levels adjustment layer for a little contrast and cropped to get the web off dead center.

Great pic to play with, kiska... thanks for getting us started.

~Danny~
                    Attached Files

Comment