No announcement yet.

2011/05/30 - Happy 9th Birthday Photo Art forum

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• DannyRaphael
    Happy Birthday Photo-based Art Forum!
    by DannyRaphael
    On May 31, 2003, this forum was one year old.

See attachment for a special cake image.

Thanks to Jeannie, Vikki, Mike and Jak and Lisa for engaging in those photo-art discussions back in 2002, which prompted Doug to add another room onto the house.

It's been...
    05-30-2003, 08:22 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    News: Happy Birthday PA forum + Changes on the Horizon **
    by DannyRaphael
    On June 1, 2004, the RetouchPRO Photo-art forum will begin its third year of existance. I've had the very good fortune to be the moderator since its inception and look forward to continuing in that role.

LOOKING BACK
    The past year has been one of transition in which the focus of...
    05-14-2004, 11:18 AM
  • DannyRaphael
    Photo-art forums, Yahoo groups, etc.
    by DannyRaphael
    Note: I'm not trying to shoo anyone away. I wanted to keep members aware of other venues of potential knowledge and inspiration!

= = = = = = = = = =

Phyllis Stewart is a former RP member who is a certified photo-art super star. In 2003 she started her own photo-art forum...
    01-15-2005, 12:49 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    HELP - RetouchPRO Needs You!
    by DannyRaphael
    >> Happy Birthday Photo-Art Forum <<

On May 31 our little playground will turn One Year Old..

In less than a year activity in the Photo-Art forum (views, posts) has exceeded ALL other forums at RetouchPRO, a tribute to all who generously take the time to participate...
    05-25-2003, 10:09 AM
  • DannyRaphael
    WELCOME
    by DannyRaphael
    If you're a first time visitor to the Photo-based Art Forum, a sincere WELCOME.

If you've visited before, WELCOME BACK!

To get you started or refresh your memory, here's a couple things to know and places to visit...

Who is this guy?
    My name is Danny...
    08-05-2002, 11:07 PM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: 2011/05/30 - Happy 9th Birthday Photo Art forum

i believe it was an old Latin saying, which i cant remember now, but the translation goes something like 'In service comes honor.' you've served us all well, danny. thank you

Comment

I want to wish you Danny all the very best and a big thank you for all the fun i have had creating and posting photos for others to artify!!! Have learnt so much too!!!

Thanks to Doug for starting such a great forum!!!

Have learnt so much along the way and made some great friends too....Have been a bit absent of late as we have just started a new business....nothing to do with Art...its a coffee shop...hopefully i will be back posting as soon as things quieten down!!!!

Happy 5th and i wish you many ,many more!!!

Kind regards....Patricia....

Comment

As Pat says.....I want to wish you Danny all the very best and a big thank you for all the fun i have had creating and posting photos for others to artify!!! Have learnt so much too!!!

Thanks to Doug for starting such a great forum!!!

Thanks for all the hours of fun (and heartache!) I too have learned so much, from all, on this terrific forum...keep it up....John

Comment

Danny, congratulations for creating a very special place for people to exhibit their talents, share techniques, learn and explore new possibilities. You had the vision to see that the early threads created by members to do image manipulation were an indication of a true groundswell of interest in artistic interpretation of images.

Happy almost Birthday to you, the Photo Art forum, and to the members who have flooded the threads with their works and their sharing of ideas.

Comment

Danny, Thank you so much for your continuing efforts!

The arty side of RetouchPRO has, to many of us, become our principal focus in these forums.
            ...and that doesn't mean that we're just messing around and having fun.
            Often, producing good Art stretches our technique more than just "everyday" retouching.

Maybe some year we'll all get together to have the party that this deserves!

Comment

Ro, that's a great idea....I'll have some of that!!!!
              John

Comment

Happy, happy birthday. I have so enjoyed this site and I have learned so much. Thanks a million times.

Cathy

Comment

Re: 2011/05/30 - Happy 9th Birthday Photo Art foru

How time goes by quickly....9 years doing this photo-art thing and I'm still enjoying it and learning.

See first post in this thread for my thoughts from several years ago that still apply today.

Comment

I think you're not the only one "still enjoying it and learning" - the number of posts in this set of forums grew rapidly and has stayed strong - thanks to you for starting it and thanks to Doug for "clicking the buttons and putting it in place".

Comment

Wow; nearing a decade of fun (over half a dozen for me). Only get's better here.

Comment

Working...
                      X