Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Interpretations: Two by Two Tigers

Photo by "vixs" at http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml

There are no usage restrictions for this photo.
    Attached Files

Nice photos, Neve.

Art History, Texture (High-pass) sharpening, Lighting effects and some tweaking....

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by byRo
      Nice photos, Neve.

Art History, Texture (High-pass) sharpening, Lighting effects and some tweaking....

wow, that's cool! looks like layers of wax on canvas, neat effect

Comment

i kinda like how the tigers turned out... the rest is just mess...
        Attached Files

Comment

Lovely result Byro and well done JC. I got myself into trouble in Painter. Started out okay cloning with - Oils/Fine Camel 10 (all over tigers). Then some Gouache (not cloned. picked white) to add back the whiskers and other parts of the fur.

Oils/Thick Oil Bristle 10 on the poles and decking. Gouache again for the log under the decking (on a layer which I later lost)??? Then decided to try out the Hose feature (i.e. all the leaves at the front). Added a shadow to them.

Then trouble - every time I go into any of the textures - I suddenly lose the ability to clone (ie. transparency doesn't work anymore). So frustrating and I've no idea how to get back to it.

Anyway, finally finished off in PSP, smudging the bg. I prefer a texture added but posting here with the texture you cannot "see" what has been done as per the description.
          Attached Files

Comment

In PS7 duped the BG and did a Gaussian blur of 25 or so on the new layer. Added a mask and painted the tigers and warf back in. Saved and opened in PSP9. Ran one step photo fix and a watercolor script. Saved and opened in PS7. Cloned out some of the brush strokes I didn't like and added a texture layer. Resized and saved.

Catia
            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful Catia!

Comment

Cropped image
                Adapt.eq
                Created vignette
                Used virtual painter for bg
                Enhanced colors
                Contrast adjustment
                Sharpened a bit
                Simplified
                Darkened bg
                Attached Files

Comment

Excellent Lqqker, I like the overlaps onto the frame.

Comment

LQQKER -- Love it!

I liked the stone and wood, so kept them in the crop. Some sharpening/aniso diffusion plus a Find Edges layer with lighting effect to add texture. I love tigers, and they always remind me of copper which I also love, so I surrounded them with a bit of hammered copper.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What a beauty CJ. Strong colouring as it should be, love the touch of "copper".

Comment

Wonderful job, everyone! Neve, thanks for the beautiful image.
                        I tried to experiment with the stamp filter. Picked out the colors from the image. Finally, linearlight blend with original (g'blurred).
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jaykita; 02-21-2005, 09:16 AM. Reason: applied "aniso" to the image

Comment

Re: Creative Interpretations: Two by Two Tigers

Nice pic. Compression killed all the detail in mine but I like tigers so I thought I would restart this thread. Maybe we'll see a few smudges.

Joe
                          Attached Files

Comment

Not a smuge , but thanks for bumping this Joe!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great find Joe lovely tigers, and how's this for a challenge i find tigers very hard to smudge (i think it is the stripes ) so i will be passing on this one and putting it down in the CATergory of too hard, any one gonna prove me wrong ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X