Creative Interpretations: School Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Interpretations: School Band

I went to a small town parade and took this image of a school band.

Hope it catches your interest!
    Attached Files

Top layer is copy of original run thru the new Xero Caravaggio filter; set to Overlay layer blend mode --

next layer is the masked-out result from the Red channel after running Levels to increase contrast --- ran the Distort --> Wave filter on mostly the dark areas, then I changed the color to a yellowish hue; set to Overlay layer blend mode;

Bottom layer is color range selection for sky blue and tree green plus a bit of the street added by hand in quick mask -- ran Paint Engine's "Riverwild" filter;
    Attached Files

Comment

Amazing result CJ, unusual chevron pattern! Thanks for the photo, I had fun with it...

PaintShopPro 8.1

Enhanced colours first.
      Buzz Simplifier (Setting 2)
      Filters Unlimited 2.0/Render/Color Clouds - Soft Light - Layer Mode ???
      ( ....useful for using prior to adding a WC filter....)
      Impressionist Plugin/Jaykita's WC A
      Duped and multiplied next layer at 50%
      Merged both layers.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oooooh, Neve -- lovely, light and cheery result! Gives me the feeling that I had while I was there.

Comment

If it gave you some cheer, then I'm happy!

Comment

Thought these guys needed a little color. Dup, b/w, smudge, aniso, cutout. Color fills.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kiska
              Thought these guys needed a little color.
              The crowd can see them coming at Least a mile away now!
              Thanks, Kiska!

Comment

Nice pic CJ.

A: BG - expanded to 800px wide
                B: Impressionist - JCHPainter w/ some modification
                C: copy B. LightingEffects (blue texture). Aniso. Distort>Glass(frosted). [Hardlight, 50%]
                D: Levels Adj to darken
                E: Hue/Sat to inc. saturation
                F: A texturizer layer [Overlay]

Lost some of the detail sampling size back down & JPGing

-Mark
                Attached Files

Comment

Motion blur, change hue, layer mask with drop shadow, bevel and emboss, color overlay, colorburn blend with original. Intrigued by Manju's technique!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mark, Judy -- nice work, each of you -- and very different techniques, to say the least!

Comment

WOW, I really like what everyone has come up with in this thread. They are all so different. What a wonderful, creative variety.

Lately, however, my creativity has been running a tad to the wild and crazy (must be the meds I'm on ). Jaykita, yours in especially marvelous.

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Petty

Lately, however, my creativity has been running a tad to the wild and crazy (must be the meds I'm on ). Jaykita, yours in especially marvelous.

Janet
                        Hey Janet, thanks...i may have forgotten my pepcid that day

Comment

For the longest time I could never figure out why, when I applied a Posterize adjustment layer with Levels = 3, there always seemed to be a whole lot more than 3 colors.

Now I get it: 3 levels x 3 color channels (RGB) = 9 distinct colors.

If you start with a grayscale image (which I did in this case), all the channels are the same... so Levels = 3 results in Black, White and 50% Gray.

*The light goes on!*

Thank you, CJ, for helping me put a piece in the puzzle!

~Danny~
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DannyRaphael
                            ...when I applied a Posterize adjustment layer with Levels = 3, ...Now I get it: 3 levels x 3 color channels (RGB) = 9 distinct colors.

If you start with a grayscale image (which I did in this case), all the channels are the same... so Levels = 3 results in Black, White and 50% Gray.

*The light goes on!*

Thank you, CJ, for helping me put a piece in the puzzle!

~Danny~
                            Always happy to "be of help" to our Photo Art leader
                            Thank YOU, Danny, for sharing that info -- I hadn't even thought about it..., and if I had, probably wouldn't have "seen the light".

P.S. -- I really like the effect of the Posterization on this image!

Comment

Rect to Pola > Pola to Rect

Basics were on a duplicated copy Distro>pola> rect to polar
                              Brush strokes> Angled strokes (50/15/3)
                              distro>pola> polar to rect.
                              Then USM
                              Add hue
                              (did not add any texture)
                              Manju
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X