No announcement yet.

"The book of Eli" look

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• otherw1s3
    Best book to begin with
    by otherw1s3
    Whats the best book for a beginner photographer to hone his photoshop skills with?
    05-20-2011, 07:09 AM
  • chillin
    Margulis book
    by chillin
    "Professional Photoshop: The Classic Guide to Color Correction, by Margulis, 5th Edition"
    I just ordered it ... was it useful for someone?
    08-09-2007, 09:51 PM
  • Gigadals
    help on Eismanns book
    by Gigadals
    hi guys,

i was thinking of buying Katrin Eismann's book on Restoration and Retouching, would it be a good buy? or is everything on the internet already?

need your help on this one guys, i really do want to learn more.

thanx!!

Giga
    03-20-2006, 02:18 AM
  • cricket1961
    For those interested in my upcoming Book
    by cricket1961
    Here is a link that allows you to pre-order the book from the publisher. i believe that the listing is also on Amazon by now too.

The book, Mastering Beauty Retouching, won't be out till August 2010.

If you have gotten anything out of my webinars this book will take over...
    05-01-2010, 12:22 PM
  • Sweetlight
    Book
    by Sweetlight
    I hope this is the right place to put this.
    I'd like to share the title of a great book with all of you. "Digital Photo Art" by Theresa Airey. It deals mostly with final outputs. It has awesome ideas on printing, tinting, image transfers and so much more. I have been doing Polaroid...
    05-26-2009, 04:49 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The book of Eli" look

Hi everybody, I´m Pannna a pro photographer from Argentina, south America. This is my first post, so moderators fell free to move where it belongs if this is not the right place.
    Recently I´ve watched the movie "The book of Eli" and I would like to know how to achieve that look in a photograph using Photoshop, any tutorial, link, help or advice is welcome. Thank you all!

Pannna.

Re: "The book of Eli" look

You might check out this URL:
    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/hdr...st-grunge.html

Then search for "Grunge" here and on the web.

Comment

If you have Adobe Lightroom take a look at this URL also:

http://www.stevecollinsphoto.com/200...grunge-heaven/

Comment

Originally posted by pannna View Post
        Hi everybody, I´m Pannna a pro photographer from Argentina, south America. This is my first post, so moderators fell free to move where it belongs if this is not the right place.
        Recently I´ve watched the movie "The book of Eli" and I would like to know how to achieve that look in a photograph using Photoshop, any tutorial, link, help or advice is welcome. Thank you all!

Pannna.
        Hi Panna

I think the Eli-Look has nothing to do with HDR or Grunge. First of all most of the look comes from the locations an landscapes. The special look you want comes from desaturated images with strong contrast und dramatic, multiplied sky. If you want i can send you a psd-file where you can see how if quickly done the image attached.

Regards Chriscrfbillmann@gmx.de
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for all your responses, I agree with crfbillmann, desturated images with high contrast and washed skyes. I´ve been practicing with some images and techniques and came up with some acceptable results. I´m posting an example here, is a Jpeg because the psd is about 55 mb and will take days to upload...The book of Eli look.jpg

crfbillmann, if you can send a PSD that would be great, you can send the file to mgarciafoto@gmail.com, and I can also send you a PSD version of my picture if you like. Thanks!
          Regards.
          Pannna

Comment

Chris, you are right on the money. BTW, have you checked out Andrzej Dragan's work? He uses some of these techniques to produce "beyond-warts-and-all" portraits, accentuating every pore and blemish. Only go to him for portraits of yourself if you are feeling very secure!

Comment

Hey guys, I was wondering how to achieve the same effect and @crfbillmann it would be of great help if you could send me the psd file of it also or explain to me how,(whichever is easiest for you)i'm still such a beginner

heres my email wilx1551@yahoo.com

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
              X