Related Topics

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a piece worthy of photo contests

I have taken this shot at Crater Lake Oregon and would like to enhance it. May be not worthy of a photo contest, but just a sample to play with.
    Thank for any input.
    litz

Re: Creating a piece worthy of photo contests

Show us the shot.

Comment

I thought I had. I uploaded a file,but, it atttach,but did'nt show when I posted it on the fourm.

Comment

Originally posted by litz View Post
        I thought I had. I uploaded a file,but, it atttach,but did'nt show when I posted it on the fourm.
        So does this mean you aren't going to post it?

Comment

picture attached
          Attached Files

Comment

Just thought I'd have a quick play in Camera raw.

John
            Attached Files

Comment

What did you do in camera raw to increase the browns and still have the rich blues?

Comment

First I adjusted the color and focus, as well as isolate the foreground and background. Then used "Smart Blur" to make the background recede more.

Then on one I used a filter from Filter Forge, and on the other I used Topaz Adjust.
                Attached Files

Comment

litz,
                  I take it the question was for me, all I did was adjust the white balance to remove the blue cast then pumped up the vibrance and clarity a little.

A few other odds and sods with curves to brighten and set the colour of the sky and done.

John

Comment

Thank you Britsdad.I love to see other people's creations on this site.

Comment

Hi Litz
                      Crater Lake is a beautiful place and you have a nice shot.

Here are some thoughts and direction.

- the background cuts right through the main center of attention and in some respects the object of primary focus gets lost in the background a bit. A different composition may not have been possible yet playing with different depths of field might have been interesting.
                      - alternately for post processing I looked for a way to make it stand out more. I did that in the image below through Smart Objects, masking, and Hue/Sat Layers for both foreground and background. For the background I increased the blur and desaturated the mountain colors a bit and actually increased the blue saturation of water and sky. For foreground I added sharpening and increased the overall saturation overall and a bit more with the yellows. Season to taste. I put them side by side so you can see how the object of interest stands out more:

new-old-man-on-a-hill37-SFW.jpg

Hope this is useful.

Comment

Must agree with all the above... composition, sharpness and subject focus...

My interpretation crops the Rabbit (OldMan) so it is looking into the picture and off center a bit then bringing out some details and color to separate it from the background which I lessened the highlights that were distracting on the mountain...

Nice Capture!! and thanks for letting us play with it!
                        Attached Files
                        ~.~0lBaldy~.~

Comment

Working...
                        X