No announcement yet.

I can't decide

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
    When is "enough" too much?
    by Ed_L
    Blacknight is considering making digital art from photos as a business venture. He is also considering art/craft fairs as a place to sell from. This brings up a question. If someone were to do that, how many different styles of digital art would be a good number to offer? It seems to reason that if...
    06-09-2002, 12:55 PM
  • Steve Conway
    Photo Art Market
    by Steve Conway
    I posted this before but no response so will try one more time.

Need to know if there are markets for photo art. Have some images I would like to submit along with regular photos. Any company that buys photos might also buy photo art, but don't want to turn any off by submitting art if...
    03-02-2006, 11:33 AM
  • Tareq
    Art in Photography.....Discussion
    by Tareq
    Hey all,

I would like to ask about: What is art in photography?
    How can you define Photography Fine Art?
    When you can say about a photo that it is art?
    What is the standard or qualification for the photo to be an art?
    Who can tell about any photo that it...
    02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    But is it "Art"? (part II)
    by Doug Nelson
    A recent conversation with a friend got me thinking about this subject again. I knew there was an excellent thread on this subject here already so I looked it up. Though it's still one of my favorite threads, it was concentrating on the commercial aspects (it's over in the Work/Jobs forum if you're...
    06-09-2003, 03:11 AM
  • DannyRaphael
    How much should I charge for my art?
    by DannyRaphael
    In another digital art forum a common question popped up again, "How much should I charge for my art?"

I thought following response by John Shiflet was well written and sought (and received) his permission to reproduce it here at RetouchPRO.

John has considerable...
    06-08-2005, 06:38 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't decide

I can't decide whether the standard of my photo art is worthy of a gallery, am I classed an an artist or am I cheating? I love working with images and spend hours and hours creating and tweeking photos turning them into works of art, but still I am confused as to where I stand in the art world. I have received countless responses from galleries, saying that they will keep my details on file, but that my work isn't currently suitable etc.
    I would love some good, honest feedback - http://www.photoartstation.com - 'art prints'.
    Thank you
    Karen

Re: I can't decide

Karen,

All artists suffer self doubt.

I think your work is 'good enough' but what you lack is a cohesive body of work. What I saw immediately what that there was a confusing jumble of styles and techniques.

If I were you I'd look at your finished work and choose 12-20 that have a common style -- like your pieces with a white background that looks like illustrations. Then approach galleries with a small manageable portfolio that reflects just only one style.

Good luck!

HTH - Nancy

Comment

Working...
    X