• amir_hafez
    my art 1
    amir_hafez
    my first photo
    03-23-2012, 12:47 AM
  • paulkris
    The Midnight Diary
    paulkris
    When I have time I enjoy creating mixed media art.

I mix painting with photography.

Attached is one of my favorites....
    01-06-2017, 05:47 PM
  • Ted D.
    Not so new new
    Ted D.
    HI,
    Noticed that I had not ever posted on RetouchPro by the friendly reminder at the top of the page, so here is my first post. I usually am tied up in making images the traditional way - painting - so I don't get on your informative site that much. Hopefully sometime in the near future I can...
    07-12-2007, 06:36 AM
  • jenjen
    painting
    jenjen
    I have a very general question. Someone wanted to know if I could retore a painting that had very few marks on it. Basically his son wanted a copy of it. I haven't seen the picture but he said it was bigger then a 8*10 and looked more like a painting. He also said that it was in a frame without the...
    08-05-2005, 04:33 PM
  • Mattnps
    Matts photoshop art album
    Mattnps
    some abstract from scratch, some manipulation of photo images, some compleatly hand panted from blank canvas...enjoy"...ms.
    09-27-2008, 03:15 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Photo Art Painting Attempts

These two paintings started as photos, of course, which I painted using the Paint Mixer Brush tool in Affinity Photo.
    I'm very interested in learning more about Photo Art Painting techniques, including Smudge Painting.

The type of photo art which intrigues me is where I will be painting on a photo using various brush tools, rather than using filters, layers and blend modes to achiever painterly effects.
    While I respect the amount of photo editing knowledge involved in using sliders to create painterly effects, I am more interested in using my stylus as a digital paint brush to create art from photos.

Perhaps, if the ability is there, I could learn to paint from scratch, but quite honestly at this point, I rather doubt that. For now, using my photos as a digital "paint-by-numbers" guide will just have to do.

Please take a look at my two below paintings, and let me know what you might think, keeping in mind these are my first two attempts.

Please also let me know of any tutorials you might know of which you think might be helpful.

Thanks so much, in advance, for your responses.

Chaplain Mark
    Painted Wings Sleeping Kitten

Nice coal and also chalk result, Mark.

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that...!!

Comment

Working...
      X