PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #022 - *OhThatGirl2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #022 - *OhThatGirl2001

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category until the next offical challenge is posted here.

See "Information and Guidelines below" if this is your first mini-challenge.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #22 - OhThatGirl2001

This stunning image was used in Retouching Challenge #12, where the objective was colorization.

Lisa (aka member OhThatGirl2001) graciously granted permission to use it here in a mini-challenge, so we can take it in yet another direction. Chalk? Sketch? Colored pencil? Oil?

Enjoy this one, too.

~DannyR~

- - - - - - - - - - -
    INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES

Unlike “official challenges” for this forum which can be found here, this one will be self-contained within this thread. It is intended as an opportunity to engage in this artform until the next official challenge is posted.

The rules are more-or-less the same:
    * It’s a challenge, not a contest -- intended to provide opportunities to experiment, share methods and/or techniques and, most importantly, have FUN.
    * Everyone who participates is a winner.
    * There’s no expiration date.

GUIDELINES:
    1. Use any method, application(s), style(s) you like:
    . * Convert to sketch, grayscale, abstract, watercolor, oil painting, pen-and-ink, Conte crayon, impasto, van Gogh or any style of your choosing
    . * Add elements from other images (collage) or replace the background
    . * Hand painting? Tracing? Freehand? You bet. Always appreciate entries of this nature.
    . * Apply filters from your favorite application(s) or tweak it with 3rd party plug-ins
    . * Feeling animated? Batting eyelashes come to mind...
    . * Any or all of the above

Bottom line:
    How you create this masterpiece makes no difference. Whatever floats your boat as long as you follow guideline #4 in the process.

2. When done, reply to this thread and attach your work (don’t forget the 100kb size limit).

Note: Multiple entries OK if you’re so inspired.

3. By all means include some verbiage on how you achieved your masterpiece so others will benefit from your skills and experience. Make it as descriptive as you like. Grammar and spelling will not be graded. Priority given to content, not how it is written.

4. Have fun.
    Attached Files

Applied a combination of colored pencil, angled strokes, photocopy and film grain filters + a little texturing with Paint Engine.

Blurred a some edges that I thought looked a little too rough, and added a hue/sat adustment layer set to colorize for the eye color.

- - - - -
    Smaller version uploaded 9/10/02 - DannyR
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 09-10-2002, 08:49 AM.

Comment

This one is fairly basic... I spent ages trying out a bunch of techniques (and learned a lot in the process) but ultimately I liked this one best...

It's a combination of the original image with some Hard Light applied and then some layers produced using the Virtual Painter plugin - VP Pastels overlaid as a Color layer and VP Colored Pencil overlaid as a Darken layer. Lots of playing around with order and opacity; think there was some blurring and stuff in there too. Of course I didn't note down the settings I eventually used in the plugins, either...

The net effect is just a fairly ordinary coloured pencil type effect, but I liked the way it seemed (to me, anyway) to focus attention on Lisa's eyes. None of my other attempts seemed to pull that off.

Leah
      Attached Files

Comment

Beauty

A Pencil Sketch.. Hope you like it
        I must say I like all of the above
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the same picture before I added the silly frame.

Lisa
          Attached Files

Comment

OhThatGirl

Look At Me!

OhThatGirl

Duplicated image.

Selected eyes, eyebrows, nostril and lips separately and put them layers by layer > New > Layer Via Copy.

Selected Filter > Stylize > Find Edges.

Adjusted opacity of Lips to 83, Left eyebrow to 77 and Right eyebrow to 53.

Shaded side of hand next to cheek using airbrush and smug tools.

Selected Filter > Render > Lighting Effects, Style = Default and Light type = Spotlight.

That’s it.

Don

Attached Files
            Last edited by siodhach; 09-10-2002, 03:59 PM.

Comment

with apologies to Lisa, here is my attempt.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is another of the same picture that I used an airbrush tool and went around the outside of the picture to give it a different feel.

Lisa
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is one I did a long time ago when the challenge was originally posted as I was just playing around with the image.
                  Attached Files

Comment

WOW and DOUBLE WOW chiquitita!!!

Wonderful job. Tell us how you did it.

Lisa

Comment

Again beautiful work guys, enjoyed and loved all of them
                      Lisa thank you so much for the opportunity to work on this beautiful face!! I hope I have done it justice. I applied find edges in photoshop, adjusted opacity, can't remember blend mode. I then applied water color to give the photo some texture and depth before painting. Adjusted opacity. Painter Classic, painted using palatte knife, just add water brush. Used fine pen for the tiny hairs by the hairline, big fine brush for hair. I then opened in PS, dupe, new layer, filled with grayish color, mask, took off with wet media brush. Painter Classic applied paper texture. I hope this makes sense it's late. Thanks again for this forum

Wanda
                      Attached Files

Comment

Once again Wanda... your work blows my mind! I really, really, like this.

Lisa

Comment

WANDA:
                          Ditto what Lisa said. I REALLY like this one. Another "Wanda Winner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hard for me to leave this image alone. Here's another version which was generated by running two different actions back-to-back just to see what would happen.

PM me if you're interested in them.

~Danny~
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a little something I threw together during lunch. This is my first contribution and I look forward to sharing more in the future.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hey V-Eyes:

Welcome to RetouchPro (and this forum in particular). Always nice to have another Californian join us (I'm originally from Culver City).

If you just whipped this out at lunchtime, can't wait to see something where you've had the luxury of more time. This is a very unique look, very different from any others so far (I for one, really appreciate that).

Glad you found us and I look forward to seeing more of your creations. By all means send me Personal Mail (PM button below) if ever I can be of assistance.

~DannyR~

Comment

Working...
                              X