Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #44 – Alan's Butterfly
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?
    See below for "Information and Guidelines."

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category until the next offical challenge is posted here.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge# 44 –...
    10-28-2002, 05:43 AM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #042 - *Judy's Hibiscus
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category until the next offical challenge is posted here.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge# 42 –...
    10-28-2002, 05:09 AM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #06 - Rowboat
    by DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #06

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category.

Unlike “official challenges” for this forum posted here, this one will be self-contained within this thread. It is intended as an opportunity to engage in this artform...
    07-18-2002, 12:11 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #05 - The Bridge
    by DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #05

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category.

Unlike “official challenges” for this forum posted here, this one will be self-contained within this thread. It is intended as a souce of amusement until the next...
    07-14-2002, 03:10 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #10 - Anything Goes
    by DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #10 - Anything Goes

As a slight departure from the "take this photo and do something with it" model, here's an opportunity for you to showoff a couple of your favorite already completed photo-art images -- preferably ones not already posted in the RetouchPRO...
    08-06-2002, 01:05 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #28 – OhThatGirl II

FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #28 – OhThatGirl II

Mini-challenge #22 was so popular I asked Lisa (aka member OhThatGirl2001) if she’d mind donating another picture. Again, she graciously agreed and offered this stunning picture. (Thanks, Lisa!)

Let’s see what you can do with all that white background!

~DannyR~

- - - - - - - - - - -
    INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES

Unlike “official challenges” for this forum which can be found here, this one will be self-contained within this thread. It is intended as an opportunity to engage in this artform until the next official challenge is posted.

The rules are more-or-less the same:
    * It’s a challenge, not a contest -- intended to provide opportunities to experiment, share methods and/or techniques and, most importantly, have FUN.
    * Everyone who participates is a winner.
    * There’s no expiration date.

GUIDELINES:
    1. Use any method, application(s), style(s) you like:
    . * Convert to sketch, grayscale, abstract, watercolor, oil painting, pen-and-ink, Conte crayon, impasto, van Gogh or any style of your choosing
    . * Add elements from other images (collage) or replace the background
    . * Hand painting? Tracing? Freehand? You bet. Always appreciate entries of this nature.
    . * Apply filters from your favorite application(s) or tweak it with 3rd party plug-ins
    . * Feeling animated? A mouse scurrying about?
    . * Any or all of the above

Bottom line:
    How you create this masterpiece makes no difference. Whatever floats your boat as long as you follow guideline #4 in the process.

2. When done, reply to this thread and attach your work (don’t forget the 100kb size limit).

Note: Multiple entries OK if you’re so inspired.

3. By all means include some verbiage on how you achieved your masterpiece so others will benefit from your skills and experience. Make it as descriptive as you like. Grammar and spelling will not be graded. Priority given to content, not how it is written.

4. Have fun.
    Attached Files

Lisa #1

Lisa, what size is that outfit anyway, a 3? I never owned a size 3...went right from 6x to 12 I think.

First Lisa got posterized, then anisotropically diffused, and glows because of her radiant personality. Or maybe it's cuz of repeatedly applications of the KPT gaussian glow filter...I forget which.

The next one is based on this version with a color change and an addition.

Phyllis
    Attached Files

Comment

Lisa #2: One Hot Chick!

She's hot.
      She's fiery.
      She's a she-devil.
      She's Photoshopped!

Phyllis
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pstewart; 09-24-2002, 01:07 PM.

Comment

three background layer copies, ran sketch action on one, and find edges on the other. Left original background layer untouched.

sketch layer above background, mode to multiply.

Find edges above that, mode to vivid light. Blurred.

selected white background with magic wand set high, on find edges layer. Copied and pasted. Ran hue/sat, set to colorize.

Attached Files

Comment

Lisa #3: Hypnotic

Lisa's beauty can hypnotize you! But just in case it doesn't, she brings along a special background to do the trick!

The background is halftone filter spun to smooth out jaggies.

Phyllis
          Attached Files

Comment

something completely different, just for fun...
            Attached Files

Comment

Glitch?

My lisafire.jpg only uploaded halfway so only part was visible. I reuploaded it and it seems fine now. Wonder what sort of glitch causes this...it happens occasionally to several of us.

Anyway, if you want to see Lisa go up in flames look back a few posts and she's all there in a blaze of glory!

Phyllis

Comment

Wow, i spent a ridiculous amount of time on this. I wish i could say the steps i took but i really have no idea. I should really be doing my homework now, but this is far more fun. It doesnt look perfect, but ive never been very good at doing color correction and such, so this is better than i usually get. Learned alot of new features doing this one too.
                Attached Files

Comment

Darkstar's Mona Lisa: Nice idea, nice effect, nice pun.

Phyllis (wishing she'd thought of that!)

Comment

Wonderful effects everyone! I especially enjoyed fiery Lisa and Mona Lisa.

Here's mine: my friend Mike trying his hand at colorizing Lisa.

Tools: Photoshop and POVRay (www.povray.org).
                    Attached Files

Comment

OMG! This is so cool. I love all the different versions!!!!!!!!

Lisa
                      P.S. I still have the dress

Comment

Phyllis ... you crack me up. I really like the firery one.

Lisa

Comment

Interesting idea Visual Eyes - I like it!

Lisa

Comment

Darkstar, do you have a larger version of this picture? I printed it out on my canvas paper and it look incredible. I'd love to hear more of how you did it!

Lisa

Comment

Chiquitita... thanks for the "and now for something completely different". Very nice effect. It would stand out more if it were not against the white background of the webpage. The rainbow prism effect is cool.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X