Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #31 – Yellow-pink Rose
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?
    See below for "Information and Guidelines."

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category until the next offical challenge is posted here.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #31 –...
    09-30-2002, 07:31 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #23 - Reed Point Marina
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category until the next offical challenge is posted here.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #23 -...
    09-15-2002, 05:34 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #30 – Chinese Pavilion
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #30 –...
    09-30-2002, 06:04 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #26 - George's Hummingbird
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #26 -...
    09-18-2002, 02:05 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #32 - Bambi
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #32 -...
    09-30-2002, 04:00 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #33 – Fall Leaves

FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #33 – Fall Leaves

In some parts of the country, such as where I live in the state of Washington, Fall is upon us and leaves are starting to turn.

Given all the fun we had with the yellow-pink rose challenge, see what magic you can apply here.

Sorry a little slow to post the mini's this week. Good intentions, not so good results.

Enjoy the minis...

~DannyR~

- - - - - - - - - - -
    INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES

Unlike “official challenges” for this forum which can be found here, this one will be self-contained within this thread. It is intended as an opportunity to engage in this artform until the next official challenge is posted.

The rules are more-or-less the same:
    * It’s a challenge, not a contest -- intended to provide opportunities to experiment, share methods and/or techniques and, most importantly, have FUN.
    * Everyone who participates is a winner.
    * There’s no expiration date.

GUIDELINES:
    1. Use any method, application(s), style(s) you like:
    . * Convert to sketch, grayscale, abstract, watercolor, oil painting, pen-and-ink, Conte crayon, impasto, van Gogh or any style of your choosing
    . * Add elements from other images (collage) or replace the background
    . * Hand painting? Tracing? Freehand? You bet. Always appreciate entries of this nature.
    . * Apply filters from your favorite application(s) or tweak it with 3rd party plug-ins
    . * Feeling animated? A big bug chewing on one of the leaves?
    . * Any or all of the above

Bottom line:
    How you create this masterpiece makes no difference. Whatever floats your boat as long as you follow guideline #4 in the process.

2. When done, reply to this thread and attach your work (don’t forget the 100kb size limit).

Note: Multiple entries OK if you’re so inspired.

3. By all means include some verbiage on how you achieved your masterpiece so others will benefit from your skills and experience. Make it as descriptive as you like. Grammar and spelling will not be graded. Priority given to content, not how it is written.

4. Have fun.
    Attached Files

For this challenge I used a technique from the "One-Click Wow!" book but decided to stick with the brushes in PS7.

After saving the original picture as a pattern, I filled a new layer with white and then, using the Pattern Stamp with a watercolor brush and alternating between impressionist and normal modes, painted the image onto the white layer. When I had the look that I wanted, I added a texture with Paint Engine.

Jim
    Attached Files

Comment

From their shape and color these look like sumac leaves. They are among the brightest fall leaves of all, so I enhanced the saturation a bit to bring out the red. I tried for a really wet watercolor look. Just used filters...no brush work here. Trimoon, Jim, and Wanda intimidate me to the point where I am afraid to go near a brush now!

Phyllis
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm new at this and new to this forum. So here goes my first attempt of a challenge!
        Attached Files

Comment

JLC, I like the soft wet look you have achieved...looks a bit like you are seeing the leaves from a rain drenched window. Very nice! Hope you stay around and do more!

Phyllis

Comment

JB, beautiful, that "One Click Wow" book must be something. Just great!

Phyllis, this is wonderful You pick up that paint brush right now, I love your painting

JLC, welcome, your entry is really pretty! Are you sure it's your first attempt

Wanda

Comment

OK, what I was trying for was a parchment type stationery look. I used the same procedure as I did for the rose. I used the magic wand to get rid of the background. Several layer masks with different colors, taking off with wet media brushes. Don't blame me for the little saying on it. I was fooling around just to see what it would look like if written on. My husband and son threatened me with bodily harm if I deleted it! My small contribution. Thanks everyone

Wanda
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow Wanda!

Wanda, just when I think you can no longer surprise me with your talent, you come up with something else amazing! The poetry card idea is truly inspired, and beautifully executed.

Where did those lines come from? Your poem? Or whose? And thank your family for me...they have good taste!

Phyllis

Comment

Jim:
                  Sure like this one. I've got that WOW book on order and a PS7 upgrade waiting to be applied. It's mostly your fault!

PS:
                  Gorgeous colors. You're just amazing.

WANDA:
                  Ditto what Phyllis said. Plueeze... just keep amazing us, OK?

JLC:
                  Wow. When you start participating in a challenge, you sure don't hold back. Nicely done.

Don't hesitate to try some of the other mini-challenges. There's no expiration date on any of them.

When you get some time, might I suggest you pop on over to this thread and introduce yourself.

In the mean time, WELCOME -- and keep having fun!

~DannyR~

Comment

Silly experiment, but what the heck. Painted on a mask over a blue layer with a leaf brush after a few passes with more basic brushes. Brought out some texture with render/lighting effects.

Phyllis
                    Attached Files

Comment

Not a silly experiment Phyllis... I rather like the effect!

Lisa

Comment

I used a filter from KPT Effects called Pyramid Paint. Fooled around with hue & saturation and then added some texture.

Lisa
                        Attached Files

Comment

wow that's impressive Lisa, it looks like a real watercolor painting.

- David

Comment

Thanks David... but I can't take much credit for it. KPT made if pretty easy.

Lisa

Comment

Phyllis, Danny, thank you soooooo much

Phyllis, "Where did those lines come from." You had to ask, so I have to admit it! They're mine. I'm always writing little poems, my mind never stops!! However, it does go on vacation sometimes Thanks again, you guys really know how to lift ones spirits!!!

Wanda

Comment

Working...
                              X