Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #39 – Jazz Guitar
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?
    See below for "Information and Guidelines."

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category until the next offical challenge is posted here.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge# 39 –...
    10-20-2002, 07:19 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #40 – English Gentleman
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category until the next offical challenge is posted here.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge# 40 –...
    10-20-2002, 07:38 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #32 - Bambi
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #32 -...
    09-30-2002, 04:00 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #18 - Cabin and Fall Leaves
    by DannyRaphael

See "Information and Guidelines below" if this is your first mini-challenge.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #18...
    09-01-2002, 01:18 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #30 – Chinese Pavilion
    by DannyRaphael
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #30 –...
    09-30-2002, 06:04 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #46 – English Ladies

FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE?

- - - - - - - - - - -
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge# 46 – English Ladies

Remember the English gent from a couple weeks ago? This is the other image from that set taken this summer at a festival in Tunbridge Wells, UK and submitted by RetouchPRO member Leah.

Obligatory legal mumbo jumbo: Leah retains the U.S. and international copyright © not only for the original image, but for any photo-art versions of it. Unauthorized distribution or use without her permission are prohibited.

Another fun image. Thanks, Leah, for letting me use it.

Good luck and have fun.

~DannyR~

- - - - - - - - - - -
    INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES

Unlike “official challenges” for this forum which can be found here, this one will be self-contained within this thread. It is intended as an opportunity to engage in this artform until the next official challenge is posted.

The rules are more-or-less the same:
    * It’s a challenge, not a contest -- intended to provide opportunities to experiment, share methods and/or techniques and, most importantly, have FUN.
    * Everyone who participates is a winner.
    * There’s no expiration date.

GUIDELINES:
    1. Use any method, application(s), style(s) you like:
    . * Convert to sketch, grayscale, abstract, watercolor, oil painting, pen-and-ink, Conte crayon, impasto, van Gogh or any style of your choosing
    . * Add elements from other images (collage) or replace the background
    . * Hand painting? Tracing? Freehand? You bet. Always appreciate entries of this nature.
    . * Apply filters from your favorite application(s) or tweak it with 3rd party plug-ins
    . * Feeling animated? Something creative, but not too creative, with that strategically placed flower?
    . * Any or all of the above

Bottom line:
    How you create this masterpiece makes no difference. Whatever floats your boat as long as you follow guideline #4 in the process.

2. When done, reply to this thread and attach your work (don’t forget the 100kb size limit).

Note: Multiple entries OK if you’re so inspired.

3. By all means include some verbiage on how you achieved your masterpiece so others will benefit from your skills and experience. Make it as descriptive as you like. Grammar and spelling will not be graded. Priority given to content, not how it is written.

4. Have fun.
    Attached Files

Chuck,
    It's a natural. I was thinking about that myself.

Here's an "oldworld" oil painting.
    Copy the image 3 times
    1st layer - Filter>Artistic>Pallette knife -6 , 3 , 2
    2nd layer - Filter>Artistic>Dry brush - 10 , 10 , 1
    3rd layer- Filter>Blur>Smart blur - 20 20 edge only. Invert , Adjust level to reduce busy lines. I might have put in a gaussian blurr (I can't remember)
    Blending mode - soft light on all three
    Erased background from original because it is too distracting. I didn't want to leave it white so I put ... New Layer brush style - heavy oil dry edge light gray opacity 25 to 30 and painted in some colors.
    Flatenned , Filter, Render> lighting effects>spotlight. texture channel - blue, amount -3

Tony
    Attached Files

Comment

Chuck, I love it! How clever of you!

Tony, really nice painting effect!

Phyllis

Comment

CHUCK:

The "eyes" definitely say a lot here. Brilliant concept and execution!

TONY:

Very, very nice result with some basic steps. Thanx for sharing.

~Danny~

Comment

Chuck -- You're a b-a-a-a-d boy! Good work, but a bad boy!

Tony -- Lovely! I've been trying for a similar look with this image and just couldn't make it happen -- next time, I'll have a new "recipe" to try! :

Comment

Painting

This painting was done with dustnscratches filter, sharpened with KPT equalize (Wow--worth the cost of KPT6 on its own!), overlaid with a texture from Andromeda techtures, and finished with a slight bit of render-lighting embossing.

You still have a week or so to order this awesome package deal from andromeda.com by the way...4 KPT's plus techtures (along with a pretty useless Dreamsuite2).

Phyllis
            Attached Files

Comment

Thought I'd try a sketch. It's more heavy looking than the lovely sketches by Lynda and Trimoon and others, but then I'm not a delicate sort of lady.

To get a b/w version to layer/dodge/blur, I used the green channel, since it had the most detail where I wanted it.

And instead of gaussian blur, I used motion blur. I also overlaid an extreme motion blur of the resulting image then sharpened that a bit to give the strokes a gentle diagonal look.

I painted the mask with a spatter brush over the left lady's hair, the worst part of the pic, to bring out better texture.

Phyllis
              Attached Files

Comment

Fancy meeting you here!

Bit stuck for ideas on this one.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow..go away for 4 or 5 days and you guys go crazy with new art to look at..

Danny.. really interesting set of new art challenges..Got to try to dive in.. Thanks

Chuck.. very funny..reminds me of Barcellona in the 70's.

Tony.. Excellent painting effect.. I really like your technique.

Phyllis.. Your painting is great.. But you know that I am partial to your sketch.. It is Really Good..

Frank.. Very interesting mirror effect.. I like what you did with the color treatment..

I Thought I would give this one a try..Thought I would try for an illustration look...Who Knows???

Jerry

Attached Files

Comment

Beware .....Filters are fun but can be addictive.

Used an overlay 100% on a blend mode layer, applied a couple of filters for the scan lines.
                    Filter--sketch--halftone. For the color used a gradient.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I Thought I would give this one a try..Thought I would try for an illustration look...Who Knows???

Jerry

Jerry, I like that, nice effect.
                      Frank

Comment

Jerry, great job on the illustration!

Goldcoin, that is wildly creative! I see you amplified her bust a bit too...cute!

Phyllis

Comment

Busted! The devil's return to this thread.

Excellent eye, Phyllis. Was the result of the sphere filter.

Comment

Hello everybody:
                            I have filtered this image in Photoshop with dry brush in the filters:artistic menu. After that I used the levels to lighten it up. Then I opened it in Painter 6 to hand paint it over with the soft charcoal brush to achieve a more natural look
                            Thank you for such inspiring image.
                            Joaco
                            Attached Files

Comment

Joaco:

W E L C O M E ! I haven't had the opportunity to say hello, yet. I'm pleased to meet you.

I see you're one of those people who uses Painter along with Photoshop. Painter is a wonderful program.

You have a nice touch with your images. Hope to see more of them in the future.

~Danny~

Comment

Working...
                              X