Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice touch Frank.

Comment

Frank, I love your colored roses--a great idea and very well done!

Phil, lovely idea and great choice of background. And thanks for reminding me about that extract filter in PS7. I am so used to doing it the hard way that I haven't used it, though the tutorial I read made it sound great.

As for not getting the pic to come up, try emptying your cache. Your browser might think it's doing you a favor by caching a non-existent pic, and might not know how to refresh it since it was corrupted the first time. Just a thought...browsers can be pretty tempermental.

Phyllis

Comment

I finally got it up and its great. How did you get the music lines on top of the rose. Did you use a drag method.

Comment

rose

I love looking at all the great jobs you all do.

2 layers with just rose
          1 layer with rose and notes with white background taken out
          new layer with a with oval out line and a pencil2 filter put on.
          Attached Files

Comment

Phil asks: "How did you get the music lines on top of the rose."

That is what happened when I ran KPT3's video feedback filter on a certain setting, and I just liked the look...still just experimenting with my new KPT package.

PJB, very nice effect, nice arrangement and framing! Now PJB actually lifted the notes from the white background and placed them over the rose manually...good job too! You could achieve the same KPT effect I got on my rosecurl pic by doing this and using a distortion to curve the lines of music. You really have more design control when you do these things manually, but it's still fun to play with filters just to see what surprises you get!

Phyllis

Comment

here's my attempts at this one. for the first one, first I duplicated the layer then I tried out a couple texture filters, then adjusted curves on the different layers, then flattened the image and did a final curves adjustment.
              Attached Files

Comment

Second try: this one was working from where i finished with the last one (I was going for an antique look on this one). I duped the layer, applied my new favorite filter (Old Photo) which turns the photo to a sepia tone. then i used the eraser at about 20% opacity and a couple different brushes to get back some of the color on the rose.

- David
                Attached Files

Comment

David -- my favorite is the sepia toned version. Nice!

Comment

thanks CJ, I liked how that one turned out more than the first one.

- David

Comment

David.....How unusual, my vote is for the first one. It would make a wonderful background, with a little more fade.

Comment

Re: WOW!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ugot2bkdng
                        [B]The colors are great Frank. How did you do that??

chuck

Not really sure, can't remember exactly! I normally colour correct infdividual channels rather than "master" in Photoshop. Read some good colour correction techniques. Being new here, I'm not sure what has already been mentioned, I might be going over old gound. There is some quite good stuff here,

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~larryk.../contents.html

Also I like David Rowley's stuff, simple but good tutorials. (I even bought one of his cd's!). This half tone effect sometimes works well. Sometimes it's too much, you'll have to fade it.

http://www.davrodigital.co.uk/tutori.../halftones.htm

Frank

Comment

Lot to learn.

Chuck, I don't think so! You're being modest! As I said, I only started this year, but it is coming, albeit very slowly. Photoshop is such huge programme to learn. The basics are not too difficult but I think you could on learning it forever. Last year I had to take an early retirement due to ill health and at that time I couldn't even spell "computer". Never really used one in my life. So it's been a very steep uphill learning curve, apart from digital cameras and Photoshop I've also had to try and master cooking, house work etc.
                          Frank

Comment

David, I too vote for rose #2...love the antique fading and the softness.

Frank, thanks for sharing those links!

Phyllis

Comment

Thanks Phyllis and Goldcoin!
                              Frank - those are some interesting sites, especially the first one, that's a good color correction tut on there.

- David
                              Last edited by d_kendal; 11-06-2002, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Kendal I like the second one best as well really soft touch.

to PJB fro PJL hi nice submission, effect and color is pretty.

Hey, this is fun. There is so many different ways to express one self.

Comment

Working...
                                X