PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #47 – Music Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pjb: "I love looking at all the great jobs you all do."
    Couldn't agree with you more. Another great group of pics.

Had to jump in -- looks like you're having a great time!
    Attached Files

Comment

A different perspective

Had to jump in again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oooooo... Danny, I really like that first one a lot!

Phyllis

Comment

Well, I was supposed to be going through bills today, but no - I HAD to start playing!

I have two variations on this challenge. Not really trying to emulate a traditional art technique, just playing with filters.

For this first one, I used my kaleidoscope action a few times and transformed/layered the different kaleidoscopes. Then, merged all and applied the Dreamy Photo filter. Duplicated the layer and applied a Mosaic filter. Twirled the mosaic layer and changed the blending mode to Lighten.

Jeanie
          Attached Files

Comment

For this one, I duplicated the background layer and ran the DreamSuite Mosaic filter on the new layer. Then copied that layer and ran the PS Distort->Glass filter. Copied that layer and ran Distort->Diffuse Glow; set the opacity to 45%.

I think it looks a little like a rose frozen in ice.

Jeanie
            Attached Files

Comment

What wonderful entries everyone. Jeanie, love the rose in ice. It's always such a treat to see all the different interpretations. So much creativity is good for the soul
              I was trying for an antique greeting card look. Painted the rose in Painter Classic. In Photoshop applied several layers of different colors, then taking it off with a wet media brush. I think I had 11 layers at one time. I then flattened. Placed this image above the original. With the eraser set at a low opacity, I erased to allow a bit of the music to show through. I then used the special effects brush, scattered daisies, adjusting the opacity. I wanted it to appear quite subtle. I then wrote a verse to go with the card. That's about it. Thanks everyone, thanks, Danny.
              My small contribution

Wanda
              Attached Files

Comment

Re: PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #47 – Music Rose

My version; changed to square format, made a focal point, added an edging and a few strokes.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X