X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiningArt
    replied
    Re: PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #47 – Music Rose

My version; changed to square format, made a focal point, added an edging and a few strokes.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wanda Schwind
    replied
    What wonderful entries everyone. Jeanie, love the rose in ice. It's always such a treat to see all the different interpretations. So much creativity is good for the soul
    I was trying for an antique greeting card look. Painted the rose in Painter Classic. In Photoshop applied several layers of different colors, then taking it off with a wet media brush. I think I had 11 layers at one time. I then flattened. Placed this image above the original. With the eraser set at a low opacity, I erased to allow a bit of the music to show through. I then used the special effects brush, scattered daisies, adjusting the opacity. I wanted it to appear quite subtle. I then wrote a verse to go with the card. That's about it. Thanks everyone, thanks, Danny.
    My small contribution

Wanda
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jeaniesa
    replied
    For this one, I duplicated the background layer and ran the DreamSuite Mosaic filter on the new layer. Then copied that layer and ran the PS Distort->Glass filter. Copied that layer and ran Distort->Diffuse Glow; set the opacity to 45%.

I think it looks a little like a rose frozen in ice.

Jeanie
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jeaniesa
    replied
    Well, I was supposed to be going through bills today, but no - I HAD to start playing!

I have two variations on this challenge. Not really trying to emulate a traditional art technique, just playing with filters.

For this first one, I used my kaleidoscope action a few times and transformed/layered the different kaleidoscopes. Then, merged all and applied the Dreamy Photo filter. Duplicated the layer and applied a Mosaic filter. Twirled the mosaic layer and changed the blending mode to Lighten.

Jeanie
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Oooooo... Danny, I really like that first one a lot!

Phyllis

Leave a comment:

• DannyRaphael
    replied
    A different perspective

Had to jump in again.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DannyRaphael
    replied
    pjb: "I love looking at all the great jobs you all do."
    Couldn't agree with you more. Another great group of pics.

Had to jump in -- looks like you're having a great time!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• phili1
    replied
    Kendal I like the second one best as well really soft touch.

to PJB fro PJL hi nice submission, effect and color is pretty.

Hey, this is fun. There is so many different ways to express one self.

Leave a comment:

• d_kendal
    replied
    Thanks Phyllis and Goldcoin!
    Frank - those are some interesting sites, especially the first one, that's a good color correction tut on there.

- David
    Last edited by d_kendal; 11-06-2002, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    David, I too vote for rose #2...love the antique fading and the softness.

Frank, thanks for sharing those links!

Phyllis

Leave a comment:

• omeyas
    replied
    Lot to learn.

Chuck, I don't think so! You're being modest! As I said, I only started this year, but it is coming, albeit very slowly. Photoshop is such huge programme to learn. The basics are not too difficult but I think you could on learning it forever. Last year I had to take an early retirement due to ill health and at that time I couldn't even spell "computer". Never really used one in my life. So it's been a very steep uphill learning curve, apart from digital cameras and Photoshop I've also had to try and master cooking, house work etc.
    Frank

Leave a comment:

• omeyas
    replied
    Re: WOW!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ugot2bkdng
    [B]The colors are great Frank. How did you do that??

chuck

Not really sure, can't remember exactly! I normally colour correct infdividual channels rather than "master" in Photoshop. Read some good colour correction techniques. Being new here, I'm not sure what has already been mentioned, I might be going over old gound. There is some quite good stuff here,

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~larryk.../contents.html

Also I like David Rowley's stuff, simple but good tutorials. (I even bought one of his cd's!). This half tone effect sometimes works well. Sometimes it's too much, you'll have to fade it.

http://www.davrodigital.co.uk/tutori.../halftones.htm

Frank

Leave a comment:

• GOLDCOIN
    replied
    David.....How unusual, my vote is for the first one. It would make a wonderful background, with a little more fade.

Leave a comment:

• d_kendal
    replied
    thanks CJ, I liked how that one turned out more than the first one.

- David

Leave a comment:

• CJ Swartz
    replied
    David -- my favorite is the sepia toned version. Nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X