No announcement yet.

PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #53 – Twisted Trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There certainly has been a good response to this one with a lot of very creative images.

I'm so glad no one asked how I made my image because I'm the worlds worst at keeping track of my steps.

Comment

Overlaid cutout filter layers in different colors, merged, embossed a dupe layer and desaturated it then messed with color balance to get the raised look, played around with blending modes , smoothed a bit with KPT materializer.

Phyllis
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pstewart; 11-23-2002, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I like that one a lot Phyllis. The gold really adds to it.

Comment

I don't think Phyllis ever runs out of ideas.

Comment

After what Jerry did to my poor mother hen (see it at http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...7053#post37053) I guess it's hard to shock and disgust. But I'll give it a try anyhow. Just to show the guys that little old ladies can dish it right back. :P

The first one answers the question of why the snake tree screams. (Warning: Don't open these pics if you are creeped out by biting ants)

Phyllis
            Attached Files

Comment

And of course he's still screaming even though the ants are gone, because those are really painful blisters!

Phyllis
              Attached Files

Comment

Rest in Peace

Seems ole snake tree didn't survive the ants and blisters. Alas, he is but a skeleton drying in the wind.

I really liked this effect...got it with KPT6 materializer set to a negative value.

Phyllis
                Attached Files

Comment

Schwartzie, thats a neat effect, almost like hand carved. Great post. And we all agree then the original by Alan can't be beat but ours are nice to.

Comment

Awesome photo. I just love seeing so many different interpretations of an image. Nice work everyone.

Attached Files

Comment

i tried various colors on this guy, but kept coming back to the original b/w format as it was originally posted.

anyway, the original concept was pretty simple:
                      rotate 90 ccw
                      duplicate
                      flip horiz
                      crop left and right side just a tad
                      select "background" areas and darken a bit
                      shrunk image to 700 pix wide

spent most of my time playing with colors and filters that i just never really liked.

reminds me of one of my quake foes
                      Attached Files

Comment

Phyllis - wow, love all of them!! now *that's* what I call dishing it back! (though, I do have to admit the fried chicken thing was amusing, in a mean sort of way!!)

DocileBob - excellent job of the lighting effects! having the light sort of weaving through there definitely gives it more depth.

Gregg, Welcome to RetouchPro! hey, when you flip it around in that way, it really does look like an opponent in a 1st person shooter game.

- David

Comment

Gregg, very clever and well done. Looks completely different that way! Scary opponent!

Bob, love the forest background with the sun rays shining through...probably makes the tree feel at home.

Makes me feel bad that I infested the poor tree with ants and blisters. To make it up to him I have knitted him a sweater for Xmas.

Phyllis
                          Attached Files

Comment

and mine...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Phil...(aka: Blacknight)

We've missed you. Glad to see you haven't lost your creative touch!

~Danny~

Comment

Blacknight hasn't lost his touch but his location is now in limbo.

Comment