Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #59 – Hotel in Valides

Collapse
widgetinstance 175 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #59 – Hotel in Valid

Originally posted by sarra-sanborn View Post
    My first challenge attempt - on a revived thread no less.

First post actually.
    hopefully it will be the first of many, hello and welcome, carry on joining in and enjoy yourself

Palms

Comment

First post. My view - for a postcard. CS5 on a mac.
      Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful work. Welcome and I hope to see more of your work.

Fran

Comment

Nice thread to resurrect.

Photoshop manipulation using Pixel Bender - Oil Paint
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi all - I have never posted on here before and am pretty much a 'beginner' at this sort of thing. Have dabbled with photo art for awhile but only in experimenting and trying different things....no real plan of attack. I couldn't resist having a little bit of play with this photo while trying to get more acquainted with Photoshop Elements 8. I basically just used the Diffuse filter along with Xero's Illustrator filter and messed around with various blending modes.

Sh@ron
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sh@ron View Post
              Hi all - I have never posted on here before and am pretty much a 'beginner' at this sort of thing. Have dabbled with photo art for awhile but only in experimenting and trying different things....no real plan of attack. I couldn't resist having a little bit of play with this photo while trying to get more acquainted with Photoshop Elements 8. I basically just used the Diffuse filter along with Xero's Illustrator filter and messed around with various blending modes.

Sh@ron
              Hello Sh@ron and welcome aboard. Glad you lept in with both feet. Have fun, experiment a lot and play to your heart's content!

Comment

Hello, I've been a member for awhile, but I don't think I've ever posted. One of your members also belongs to another forum that I belong to and she suggested that I become involved. So, here is my first post.
                Attached Files

Comment

Welcome, Magicshell...

Nice interpretation on this one. Glad you gave it some new life.

If you'd care to share a few words about your tools and methods, I'm sure many -- including myself -- would be interested in reading them.

Comment

Danny, Here's some of the workflow for this painting. Prior to running several different DAP64 applications, I make enhancements in Photoshop including Topaz adjust 5, HDR Sketch. After I run DAP, I combine them in Photoshop and use masks and blending modes. I also apply a sketch layer and sometimes a watercolor layer. I add watercolor textures and papers and also use a lot of adjustment layers trying to achieve the watercolor look. Some of the tutorials that have helped are from Kapic http://kapic.ru/ and Piker 77's emulation.

Comment

I haven't seen this post before so thanks for bringing it back, Magicshell. Your rendition is beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial link.

This version is a combination of SnapArt, DAP, and Akvis Sketch blended in photoshop with layer masks.

Fran
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by magicshell View Post
                        Danny, Here's some of the workflow for this painting. Prior to running several different DAP64 applications, I make enhancements in Photoshop including Topaz adjust 5, HDR Sketch. After I run DAP, I combine them in Photoshop and use masks and blending modes. I also apply a sketch layer and sometimes a watercolor layer. I add watercolor textures and papers and also use a lot of adjustment layers trying to achieve the watercolor look. Some of the tutorials that have helped are from Kapic http://kapic.ru/ and Piker 77's emulation.
                        Thanks for sharing your approach. Some people use a lot of tools "just to use them." You use many tools and get very nice results.

Hope to see more of your creativity in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by FranS View Post
                          I haven't seen this post before so thanks for bringing it back, Magicshell. Your rendition is beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial link.

This version is a combination of SnapArt, DAP, and Akvis Sketch blended in photoshop with layer masks.

Fran
                          Nice combination of strokes and texturing, Fran. Glad you gave this one a go, too!

Danny

Comment

this is my attempt....
                            Enhanced in photoshop
                            Tonal contrast in Efex
                            Layered with fractallius
                            Final processing in FotoSketcher
                            Rgrds
                            Niall
                            Attached Files

Comment

Impressionist plug-in.

Joe
                              Attached Files

Comment

It's been a long time.

Joe
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X