PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #58 – Tropical Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foil Fish

Thanks, Phil. I tried your steps and it worked fine...thanks a bunch.

I tried flaming pear's lacquer filter on fish #1 and raised detail, bulge, gradient, and sparkle above 80% and got a molded foil effect...then softened it partially with aniso-diffuse.

Phyllis
    Attached Files

Comment

I like my previous foil fish effect better, but this one seems more appropriate for a fish. I call it sparkle fish. Done with KPT5 intensity filter.

Phyllis
      Attached Files

Comment

fishes!

Jigsaw effect.
        Attached Files

Comment

Spot the mistake!

See if you can spot the "deliberate" mistake in the previous photo!
          Frank

Comment

Frank,

Real nice, I like it. The mistake is you mirrored the eye of the angel fish.

Alan

Comment

mistake

Nope! At least, I don't think so.
              No, I never touched that. More glaring than that. Or it was to me as soon as I checked it after posting.
              Frank

Comment

Frank,

I must be really dense and it must be real obvious.... cause I don't see it.

Alan

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snoleoprd
                  [B]Frank,

I must be really dense and it must be real obvious.... cause I don't see it.

Perhaps it's just obvious to me because I know it should be there! Where I have cut out the pieces I have applied a drop shadow and emboss to them. Howver, I didn't apply either to the white gaps left behind. They should have been done also! Perhaps I should have said nothing.
                  Frank

Comment

I'm with you, Alan. Guess we'll both be bumped from Retouchpro.

Phyllis

Comment

Hi,

Phyllis maybe they will just send me back to Retouchamateur instead of letting me stay at RetouchPro.

Frank well that was waaaaaaaay toooooo subtle for me, Inever would have gotten that one.

Alan

Comment

Chuck,

I really like your colored foil filter look. It's very bright and festive!

~T

Comment

Great entries everyone!!!

Frank,
                          Great manipulation work combining all those little fishies! It really looks like an original photo. Great job!

Blacknight,
                          I really like the texture on your first entry. The second entry is very vibrant. Almost looks like an 3D art piece for some Japanese Restaurant. I really love the intense colors. Great job!

Phyllis,
                          Lacquer fish turned out great. Looks like you were able to duplicate Blacknight's texture. Very neat affect. I also like sparkle fish...especially the intense blues and greens!

Chuck,
                          Great job on your entry. Looks like a poster for an aquarium. I like the extruded boxes with the individual fish. Nicely done.

Frank,
                          Great looking jigsaw puzzle! As for the missing drop shadow and emboss...I didn't notice till you pointed it out.

~T

Comment

This is a new discovery that I really like. I also tried it on minis #62 and #63 (flowers and produce) if you want to see how it works on another picture...quite different, actually. In this one it looks more outlined.

The steps are given in the other two challenges...no point in repeating.

Phyllis
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's another. A really plain boring background on this pic gains some interest with this same technique, overlaid onto a second plain blocky cutout version of the original at low opacity, to bring in some background shadow areas.

Phyllis
                              Attached Files

Comment

Every challenge here at Retouch seems to be loaded with great entries. There are some extremely talented folks here...

Frank, very impressive manipulation. Excellent work.

Phyllis, I love your sparkle fish! It's bright and shimmering, just like a coral reef under a bright sun.

BK, very nice effect on "Fishy".

Chuck, I like the colors and gradations on your colored foil fish. It almost looks like the 3-d ceramic tiles with the metallic finishes that are becoming popular lately.

Here's my tropical fish attempt. Funny how most of us chose this "fishy".

Pam
                                Attached Files

Comment