Photo-art Mini-challenge #105 – Catarina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo-art Mini-challenge #105 – Catarina

FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE -or- NEW TO PHOTO-ART?
    Click here for "Information and Guidelines."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #105 – Catarina

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category until the next major challenge is posted here.

The base image can be downloaded by clicking the link below the photo description.

Thanks to Alex for sharing this lovely picture of Catarina with us. What a sweetheart! I just love that red hair!

Phyllis

LEGAL VERBIAGE
    Alex retains the U.S. and international copyright © not only for the original image, but also for any photo-art versions of it. Unauthorized distribution or use of this image without permission are prohibited.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pstewart; 04-06-2003, 04:13 AM.

Here I used KPT6 equalizer to sharpen the details, like the eyes and hair (compare with original to see a big difference...with KPT filter you can see individual hairs!) while giving the skin a soft focus look.

I wouldn't call this "art" though...more like an enhanced portrait.

Phyllis
    Attached Files

Comment

Very pretty picture to work with! Wonderful smile and eyes.

Used Art History Brush with Dry Media Brush 5. Added layer on top of original and added texture brought opacity down.
      Attached Files

Comment

What a pretty model to work with..I'm hooked on working on these portraits..

Phyllis..Very nice filter work..The combination of sparkle and soft skin texture is really appealling..

Jill..nice texture and frame application..I like it..

I started with Phyllis's smudge painting technique.. And applied one of Bud's oval frame treatments..Then played with the frame layers to adjust the colors accordingly..

Jerry
        Attached Files

Comment

I used photoshop with a crosshatch filter an gaussian blur. Then added a wooden frame.
          Attached Files

Comment

All great contributions, as always!

Here's a slight variation on my normal method.
            Attached Files

Comment

JERRY - I can't bring myself to even START anything with this picture after seeing your version. It's just PERFECT.

Comment

Phyllis - a beautiful pic to begin with - thanks for sharing. I like your 'enhanced' look.
                Jill - good job on the texture and frame.
                Jerry - yes, a tough act to follow on this one....very nice and I like the matte/frame
                Herman and Amanda - nice painterly looks
                Here's my rendition....sepia tone....painted some of the detail/color back in the eyes/lips....blur
                Bill C
                Attached Files

Comment

Bill C, I hope you post a tutorial on how you did yours, it's amazing.

Here's my version.

Ken
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jill, Jerry, Amanda, all nice paintings...all different styles, but all lovely.

Bill C, I just love the simplicity and softness you achieved! By the way, this pic was from Alex, so he deserves your thanks. Psst...you really have to start reading the blurbs that accompany the mini challenge originals.

Ken, the party colors and the twinkle in her eye express the personality she shows even more...very imaginative and effective.

Phyllis

Comment

Phyllis - I guess I was in too much of a rush to get to the digital darkroom! Thanks for reminding me to get the 'whole story'.
                      Alex - yes, a beautiful girl - a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing with us!
                      With kind regards,
                      Bill C

Comment

Well, I am not a he, but a she.
                        My name is Alexandra Macedo.
                        This is a photo I took from my 4 year old cousin.
                        I am not an artist and only am learning photoshop
                        on free time (not much) for a month or two.
                        I am trying to make a nice rendition for this one too, but could not make one I like till now.
                        There is a bigger photo in my gallery.

Thanks to everyone for your artistic renditions.

Comment

Thank you for the image, Alexandra. She is a beautiful girl and you have captured it all!
                          Beautiful work by everone here on this! I sought to emphasize the eyes. If ever a real girl had Renoir eyes, she does! So that's the way I went, with some romantic, soft color; some spray strokes, and a lot of curves detail
                          Attached Files

Comment

All of these are so beautiful!

Bill C, she looks wrapped in cotton or in fog! She's so pretty and soft.

Bill M, I love the textures and muted colors.

Amanda, your oil rendition is wonderful.

For this one, I played with the dodge/negative layer, only used a soft filter at its highest settings, making a soft colored outline. Merged this layer, made one layer at multiply mode, another at normal mode but low opacity. Then I added a light texture.

Tyeise
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's my version of an oil painting of her.

Tyeise
                              Attached Files

Comment