PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #125 – Robins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #125 – Robins

FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE -or- NEW TO PHOTO-ART?
    Click here for "Information and Guidelines."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #125 – Robins

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play with in the Photo-based Art category until the next major challenge is posted here.

The base image can be downloaded by clicking the link below the photo description.

Thanks to Jeanie who climbed a ladder to take this fantastic photo of a family of robins in their nest. Mom looks so proud of her brood, and who can blame her? I just know this is going to be a very popular challenge!

Phyllis

LEGAL VERBIAGE
    Jeanie retains the U.S. and international copyright © not only for the original image, but also for any photo-art versions of it. Unauthorized distribution or use of this image without permission are prohibited.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pstewart; 05-26-2003, 12:59 AM.

Jeanie - very nice picture, and very brave for climbing the ladder!
    Fishboy - nice lacquer job as usual. (you must order it by the 5 gallon pail).
    Here's mine ...
    Bill C
    Attached Files

Comment

Second version ... framed
      Bill C
      Attached Files

Comment

Jeanie - Wow what a great image to work with --- Thanks.

fishboy- very nice! the lacquer works with this image --- I think we are going to have to start calling you "Sir Lacquer" ! lol

Bill C. - love both submissions - the frame on the first one is a great idea. BUT the second one --- the lighting softness with the slight hint of lines --- Thumbs up

Here's mine. smudge - added sandstone textue, then dry brush.
        Attached Files

Comment

oooo fishboy - very nice - I like the way the nest flows over the frame - GREAT idea!

Here is the effie action with some extra stuff! lol
          Attached Files

Comment

Jill - very nice, I like both renditions, but the first one is my favorite ...nice dry brush with sandstone...
            Fishboy ... excellent! Going traditional!? The mat/framing are just that something extra on this one that makes it stand out. Nice job.
            Bill C

Comment

Fishboy...Great texture with the lacquer.

Bill C Both submissions are lovely but I have to say the second is my favorite.

Jill...Like them both. I kind of like the second one better.

Here is mine. Used multipal layers.
              desaturated then used pattern stamp and various brush styles. Added Vignette.

Jean
              Attached Files

Comment

Fishboy -
                I really like your first one, it has great texture!

Bill C -
                I love your first one. It's also full of texture, almost 3-D. And the torn paper edge is perfect with the bg. Great work!

Jill -
                Excellent job on the smudging. You're getting so good at that. I can't smudge for the life of me

Jean -
                Good work. I like how you handled the lines, makes for a nice sketchy base.

I also used Effie...this is Effie Deluxe.

Pam
                Attached Files

Comment

Had to try my hand at this wonderful picture. Cant remember what I did maybe, cutout, edges, watercolor then matte and frame.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments on the photo everyone. I love what you've all done with it!

Fishboy - I love the "sparkle" in your first version, but your second one with the frame is just great. That mat/frame combo really works with the photo!

BillC - I love your watercolor version! (I wasn't being that brave up on the ladder - I was only about four feet up. Besides, my husband tells me that when I have a camera in my hand, i'm a lot more "adventurous" than when I don't. I just gotta get that shot! )

Jill - Your painting is my favorite! I think you can safely say that you've learned that technique and apply it well!

Jean - I love the style, just wish it was a tad lighter (though that could easily be my monitor as well! )

Pam - The way you made the beaks of the babies glow is perfect!

Lacto - Very cool effect! (I just with the mother's beak didn't have the green on it.)

Jeanie

Comment

Fish, great lacquer look, and I like the shape as well. The second one is a striking moody portrait...love it!

Bill C, very nice watercolor with perfect framing. Your second version is just superb...love the simplicity and softness and how it fades away...beautiful!

Jeanie EXCELLENT smudgeroo!

Jill, your Effie has bit of 3D to it...nice!

Jean, lovely portrait, nice mottled overall texture.

Pam, nice and simplified the way I like ‘em! Smooooth!

Lacto, neat look with the outlined areas...clever.

I loved this picture soooo much that I made six different versions at one sitting...couldn’t stop! I won’t bore you with all of them, but here are the three simplified/outlined sorts. Version #1: Basic abstract method

Phyllis
                      Attached Files

Comment

Version #2: Outline layer with anisotropic diffuse blended over smart blur layer combined with low opacity abstract layer, KPT6 materializer for slight 3D effect on birds and trees.

Phyllis
                        www.eightpainters.com
                        Attached Files

Comment

Version #3: Since I cannot use Effie (not made for Macs) I have been trying to get a similar look. In this attempt I started with basic outline method, duped several layers at multiply, merged, then applied anisotropic diffuse, very high contrast and increased brightness, setting layer to soft light.

Phyllis
                          www.eightpainters.com
                          Attached Files

Comment

Phillis....You achieved the Effie look. Nicely done.

Jean

Comment

Hey Phyllis - it's OK to take a break and get some sleep once in a while! You sure are cranking them out!! Very nicely done - each of them. It looks like you've been watching Bill M's success with the diffuse/ansiotropic filter effect. Nice job. - keep experimenting!
                              Have a nice weekend.
                              Bill C

Comment

Working...
                              X