Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial (link): LucisArt Lucis Art simulation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tutorial (link): LucisArt Lucis Art simulation

    [Photoshop 6 or later with the exception of the Shadow/Highlight command which is CS or later. - djr]

    -----

    Dean White has kindly let me know that he had finished this tutorial

    http://enigma-photos.com/LucisArtTutorial/index.htm


    this follows on from the tutorial link member Superfrasky posted for the "Amy Dresser technique" Mr White had written ( from which i have learnt alot and found to be excellent )

    http://enigma-photos.com/AmyTutorial/index.htm

    As well as the tutorials Mr White is a excellent photographer check out his website

    Palms
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 03-15-2007, 09:56 AM.

  • #2
    Re: Lucis art technique tutorial

    [must have been a temporary problem; link working OK now-djr]

    ------------------

    Do you happen to know if the filter is available some place else?
    The plugin site (www.photo-plugins.com) appears to be down at 9:00am EST

    Originally posted by palms1
    Hopefully this is the right place to put this link,
    Dean White has kindly let me know that he had finished this tutorial
    ...
    Palms
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 03-15-2007, 09:50 AM. Reason: note regarding link

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Lucis art technique tutorial

      This is simply put, a great tutorial and a superb workaround for Lucis Art. Please tell your friend thank you from the RTP addicts.

      Janet

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Lucis art technique tutorial

        Frank as i already had this plug in i havent checked the link but went to the web page and it seems ok here is the address i used ( i have a few of there plug ins ) just checked the link and it worked

        http://www.photo-plugins.com/index.p...d=68&Itemid=43

        Janet not a friend but a very helpful person whom i thanked for his other tutorial i had seen and asked about his forthcoming "lucis one "

        Palms

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Lucis art technique tutorial

          Hey...

          I just discovered this post. I'm the one who made the tutorials up.
          Thanks for your kind comments.

          I have to be honest that I didn't invent any of these methods (except maybe the optional extras). It did take me months to find all the techniques though. What a nightmare.

          I did notice another thread on the Lucis Arts technique too. Very well worth reading and not too disimmilar.

          After that I thought I have to put something together to share the techniques. The tutorials are pieced together from many different posts and magazine articles I've read.

          I'm glad they are helping you out.

          My gallery is at Flickr. The more recent stuff uses these tutorials to create the effect.
          As ever... if you have any comments or can think of any way to improve the tutorials then I'm more than willing to change and modify them.

          Dean
          Last edited by enigmaphotos; 03-15-2007, 10:19 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Lucis art technique tutorial

            Originally posted by Janet Petty
            This is simply put, a great tutorial and a superb workaround for Lucis Art. Please tell your friend thank you from the RTP addicts.

            Janet
            Agreed. Great find, Palms. BIG thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Lucis art technique tutorial

              Originally posted by enigmaphotos
              Hey...

              I just discovered this post. I'm the one who made the tutorials up.
              Thanks for your kind comments.

              I have to be honest that I didn't invent any of these methods (except maybe the optional extras). It did take me months to find all the techniques though. What a nightmare.

              I did notice another thread on the Lucis Arts technique too. Very well worth reading and not too disimmilar.

              After that I thought I have to put something together to share the techniques. The tutorials are pieced together from many different posts and magazine articles I've read.

              I'm glad they are helping you out.

              My gallery is at Flickr. The more recent stuff uses these tutorials to create the effect.
              As ever... if you have any comments or can think of any way to improve the tutorials then I'm more than willing to change and modify them.

              Dean

              Small world Dean Not very bright am i ? never put 2 and 2 together still as you can see i am not the only one thankful to you.

              Palms

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Lucis art technique tutorial

                Originally posted by palms1
                Small world Dean Not very bright am i ? never put 2 and 2 together still as you can see i am not the only one thankful to you.

                Palms
                Ha ha....

                If it weren't for people like you Palms and the other folk who ask how I do things, I'm sure that I wouldn't even write tutorials.

                I'd happily just carry on doing my own thing.

                However, I'm a big advocate for sharing knowledge. It's the only way we all get better.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Tutorial (link): LucisArt Lucis Art technique

                  Had a go used the image from this challenge

                  http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...am-engine.html

                  It probably was a bit ambitious but hey nothing ventured i enjoyed doing it but as i dont have the shadows /highlight function it probably could be better

                  Palms
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Tutorial (link): LucisArt Lucis Art technique

                    WOW, Palms. Very, very nice results.

                    Janet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Tutorial (link): LucisArt Lucis Art technique

                      Thak you Janet, I have just found a action at atncentral ( where else ) for highlight/shadows

                      Palms

                      Comment

                      Loading...
                      Working...
                      X