Tutorial: Woodcut / Engraving method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial: Woodcut / Engraving method

Stumbled on a link to a very sophisticated woodcut / engraving technique.

Scroll almost to the bottom of page 1 to see the author's description of his method. He describes it in general terms, but if nothing else, the concept is facinating. (Note: The person signing his/her posts as }Raphaal{ in this thread isn't me.)

Though not exclusively a Photo to Art site, this
    link goes to the site the author mentions as his inspiration.

~DannyR~

You know Danny that Mark is a Retouchpro member.

Lisa

Comment

No, I wasn't aware he's a member. Hope he pops over to this forum to share some more of his methods.

I thought the results of this particular technique were especially stunning.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• TheDrift-
        Jamie Ibarrra any one else buy his tutorial?
        by TheDrift-
        Hi Just wondering if anyone has tried his one on one tutorial?

I really like his style and was thinking about giving this ago? Just wondered if anyone else had tried it already before I send my money away?

Thanks
        Shaun
        06-14-2011, 07:57 AM
      • DannyRaphael
        Sad news - the passing of Jim Caffrey
        by DannyRaphael
        I just got an e-mail from Jim's son, Chris. Jim passed away in April.

Jim was one of the early supporters of this forum and crafted this fine tutorial on the Art History Brush.

http://www.retouchpro.com/tutorials/...ory/index.html

To say he was a class...
        05-30-2003, 10:24 PM
      • okplayer
        Darton Drake anyone
        by okplayer
        Is anyone here familiar w/ Darton Drakes work? I saw him lecture at NEIPP in Cape Cod Massachusetts this year, and I've been checking for his work lately. I really like his style, it usually doesn't go over the top, but sits comfortably on the edge. It's all photo-art and I think he always uses people...
        08-04-2003, 06:27 PM
      • lkroll
        Incredible kite flying.
        by lkroll
        Got this one in an email; just too fantastic to not share so I share with you all.

The man flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada. He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year. His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt...
        03-30-2017, 07:50 PM
      • palms
        Evel Knievel
        by palms
        Just read this morning of the sad passing of the stunt man,
        Whether you liked him and his stunts or not the man had some courage, and many times i have sat with my dad watching his various attempts, willing him to achieve his aim. He was a character, of which there seem very few left in this...
        12-01-2007, 04:07 AM
      Working...
      X