• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peters strange action

Here is a image made from PeterS's Action posted here
    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...tml#post177265

It is another one of those great fun ones with loads of possibilities

It is great Peter and will be able to have a lot of fun with it over the holidays
    As i am using ps7 there is a slight problem with merge layers, so i just stop the action merge the layers and then press continue
    Hope you dont mind me starting the new thread but it would get lost at the end of the abstract one and it is to good a action to "be lost "
    maybe you could attach the action in this thread as well ?

And by the way i am a bit peeved that although i have made a few actions from tuts etc i have not got round to adding little messages ( will have to investigate that in the new year )

The second image is from running the action twice on the same image

Palms
    Attached Files

Re: Peters strange action

Thanks Palms
    I've reposted a reworked version that flattens and not merges so should be Okay with 7.
    I've also attached a quick one I used to test the Action, (looks like a Bat on Steroids to me), along with the original, it was resized to make it quicker to run.

Peter
    Attached Files

Comment

And by the way i am a bit peeved that although i have made a few actions from tuts etc i have not got round to adding little messages ( will have to investigate that in the new year )
      Forgot about this for a few minutes.
      You can add comments when you add the "Stop" instruction, a window pops up to allow you to do this and also to allow continue or to really stop it.

Peter

Comment

I am also using V7 and it stopped for me also..
        So I took the liberty (hope you do not mind) and modified your "Strange" action..

I trashed the "Merge Layers" and added "select all", "copy merged", "paste" steps in its place..

This is the result of manipulating the "Rock Formation" from the previous thread..

EDITED: Sorry Peter S.. I didn't see the modified action above... I have downloaded it and it works fine..
        Attached Files
        Last edited by grannysdc; 12-25-2007, 09:11 PM. Reason: OOPS.. not paying attention

Comment

Originally posted by grannysdc View Post
          I am also using V7 and it stopped for me also..
          So I took the liberty (hope you do not mind) and modified your "Strange" action..

I trashed the "Merge Layers" and added "select all", "copy merged", "paste" steps in its place..

This is the result of manipulating the "Rock Formation" from the previous thread..

EDITED: Sorry Peter S.. I didn't see the modified action above... I have downloaded it and it works fine..
          Granny, no prob adjust away, that was the intention really, to see what people came up with.

To me that on looks like a circus elephant on steroids, great one.

I've attached some more, the originals were an astronaut a cat (belonging to Palms}, and a close up facial. There was obviously more than that action used, I just have to tweak things, I tried to make the middle one look a little like a crystal ball. One that I added was a very slight Distort/Twirl thingy doodah bit to help spread it out a little.

Sorry Palms it looks like the Borg got hold of your cat there.

Btw they're not in the order mentioned. thuogh not difficult to work it out.

Peter
          Attached Files

Comment

These are really creative and getting better all the time. I especially like these last three. Keep 'em comin'.

Janet

Comment

Hi Peter, this is really cool. I ran the action on a photo 2 times. I really like the variations that you can make with it.
              I wonder what they could be used for or with?? Backgrounds, parts of web banners, T-Shirts ???
              Attached Files

Comment

wow some great images here, due to the time of year I haven't had much time to play around with the action but I will be doing so in a few days

Peter now i know why the cat has been acting Schizophrenic
                she must of sensed the photo coming or was it just the smell of the turkey ?

Palms

Comment

Okay so you want more.
                  Well this started life as a dog.
                  It now looks like 4 ghostly maidens rising up from the morass to feed the monster frog from planet Gargle.

Don't tell Steve, you all know how he feels about frogs

I wonder what they could be used for or with?? Backgrounds, parts of web banners, T-Shirts ???
                  Cathy I'm afraid you'll have to decide yourself about that, I'm not having that on my conscience for the rest of my time on this Planet.

Peter now i know why the cat has been acting Schizophrenic
                  she must of sensed the photo coming or was it just the smell of the turkey ?
                  Or maybe he/she had seen what you did to the turkey. I know I'd be frightened.

These are really creative and getting better all the time. I especially like these last three. Keep 'em comin'.

Janet
                  I've got to get back to serious now, thanks Janet, though Palms deserves some of the credit, she gave us the ideas.

Peter
                  Attached Files

Comment

Peter that last one is a piece of ART, very good

I think the first one is reminiscence of Darth vadar
                    the second one i went back in the history palette to before the bas relief ( spotted it as the action worked so went back to "find" it )
                    then on the third changed the background colour, but can you see the little man ? ( top, middle by the pink )

Palms
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by palms1 View Post
                      Peter that last one is a piece of ART, very good

I think the first one is reminiscence of Darth vadar
                      the second one i went back in the history palette to before the bas relief ( spotted it as the action worked so went back to "find" it )
                      then on the third changed the background colour, but can you see the little man ? ( top, middle by the pink )

Palms
                      Okay so your seeing strange little men well join the club. Though to me he looks like he's standing on a bird. Good ones Palms.

Cathy, you wanted to know if it could be used as a background, well I've tried it.
                      Hope it gives you some ideas.

Peter
                      Attached Files

Comment