This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Smudging resources

palms..thanks again for all the good links...what brushes do you use the most for smudging?

Comment

the main brushes that i use are

for
      skin: linda's smudge brush

hair:rough round bristle

fur/flowers: trimoon #23 ( very hard to get hold of i am afraid but read the post earlier in this thread)

occasionally i use some others but not that often

Palms

Comment

I just posted some smudge presets and brushes (the brushes can also be used with Photoshop Elements) I made a while ago. They're really good for blending backgrounds, smudging clothes, etc.
        You can find them on this page:
        http://photoart-tutorials.com/free_stuff.html
        Enjoy
        Sylvia
        Last edited by sylvia1065; 08-03-2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks to Solennial of the flickr smudge group for posting the link for a video by

Scott Deardoff painting his cavalier spaniel at you tube, not a tutorial as such but a good view of him working

so i had a surf around and found a couple more at you tube

smudging using gimp

and one using photoshop
          different styles but a few tips may be picked up

Palms

Comment

Wow Palms I watched Scott's smudge video! The guy is the master smudger for sure. Just amazing how he can turn a photo into a painting with the smudge brush.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Joeven View Post
              Wow Palms I watched Scott's smudge video! The guy is the master smudger for sure. Just amazing how he can turn a photo into a painting with the smudge brush.

Joe
              yep brilliant, and how good he is at using the finger painting option i really have to practice that one !

Palms

Comment

Palms...familiar with the brush he is using? I didn't see his settings...did you?

Comment

Originally posted by skydog View Post
                  Palms...familiar with the brush he is using? I didn't see his settings...did you?
                  At a guess (and it is only that ) i would say the dry brush 39 in the basic ps brushes ( all though different artists have renamed it )
                  The video is a promo for his DVD so he wouldnt give too much info out, like settings etc. and they do change anyway with each image or even within a image, but i expect the brush size would be small

Palms

Comment

Thanck you . . .

Comment

Working...
                    X