No announcement yet.

ArtMaster Replacement?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• DannyRaphael
    Program: NaturePainter
    by DannyRaphael
    Ran across a "painter" program today I'd not heard of before called NaturePainter. For more info click
    HERE.

Opens/saves .bmp and .jpg files, but not Photoshop .psd. From what I could tell from the Web site, it has no built-in "filters" either, so no automated...
    05-24-2003, 09:17 PM
  • d_kendal
    Has anybody taken courses like this?
    by d_kendal
    I'm thinking about takinga PC repair course through the program at this site here since I want to get the CompTIA A+ hardware certification, and I was just wondering if anybody around here has taken any "mail order" courses like this? One of the reasons I'd do it like this rather than taking...
    02-15-2003, 03:10 PM
  • Sanda
    New Anti Virus
    by Sanda
    I'm looking at my options for new virus software after my recent hard drive crash.
    I was using Norton Firewall and Norton Anti Virus but I was still attaced by a hacker.

I''m not sure I want to continue using norton so I'm looking at the alternatives.I'm using Zone Almarm Fire...
    10-02-2002, 03:59 PM
  • Jeff East
    What business accounting software do you use?
    by Jeff East
    I was wondering, what kind of accounting software does everyone use? I was thinking Quickbooks pro. any alternatives?
    08-17-2002, 09:07 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    [Software Review] GoToAssist Express
    by Doug Nelson
    This barely has anything to do with retouching, but it does offer file download and chat, so I guess it's justified to post this in the main Software area.

I got some tech support from a company today that used an app called GoToAssist to remotely take over my computer. It used a browser-based...
    05-23-2008, 09:10 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArtMaster Replacement?

Getting back into Photoart after recovering from accident, illness and computer problems.
    I used ArtMaster Gold and really found that letting me use the brush instead of an automated rendering was better for my style.
    They are out of business now so no way to buy and I am looking for a quality program that will allow me to use brushes and paint it myself.
    Can't seem to find a good replacement...anyone recommend any current programs?
    How could I put ArtMaster onto a new computer when I upgrade computers?

Re: ArtMaster Replacement?

Have you looked in the Corel applications?

Comment

I used to use an older Gertrudis product to paint on effects. They are not the same effects as ArtMaster, but they probably have a test drive for you to look at.

Comment

After playing wth a lot of different programs the one that comes the closest is GMX PhotoPainter.
        I like it but finding that it takes a couple of programs to do everything I want.
        RC

Comment

Plow through the relevant results here, especially in the "Natural media/paint" section.
          DISCOUNTED plug-ins, FREE digital imaging ezine archive and PHOTO BLOG:
          www.plugsandpixels.com

Comment

Hi rogerc,

Your post intrigued me because I really loved using this program, but I have moved onto using TwistedBrush for most of my work now. I wonder if I could resurrect PhotoArtMaster Gold and combine it with TwistedBrush for some more art effects?

I used Fo2PIX PhotoArtMaster Gold 1.5 a while ago now and I still have the CD, so I thought I would just try to install it on Windows 7. Well, it installed just fine with no problems at all. I am using a new, high spec PC and I am amazed it went on.

So, in answer to your question as to whether it will install on new hardware, the answer is a resounding yes.

Best regards, taloch

Comment

taloch, did you need to activate PhotoArtMaster? That seems to be the brick wall for most people trying to get the abandoned Fo2PIX apps going again.
              www.plugsandpixels.com

Comment

Originally posted by plugsnpixels View Post
                taloch, did you need to activate PhotoArtMaster? That seems to be the brick wall for most people trying to get the abandoned Fo2PIX apps going again.
                I used my original serial I had written on the CD.

Best regards, taloch
                Last edited by mistermonday; 03-13-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Taloch,
                  Wow.That is great news..... I have the CD and the serial number also.
                  Will be upgrading my computer soon and it wounds like it will work.

I am also checking out Painter 11 and Twisted Brush.
                  RC

Comment

Oops, now everybody knows the number... ;-) Glad it's working for you without the usual drama.

BTW, PostworkShop Pro has entered the version 2 public beta phase.
                    www.plugsandpixels.com

Comment

I tried VMLite from VMLite.com with Win7home and Artmasterpro blew vmlite up. The installed XP mode VM was not longer attached and I couldnt find out how to reattach it. So I installed Virtual PC 2007. Durring the install a warning came up and said that VPC2007 is not compatible with Win7home. It installed and is working fine. I then installed Win2000pro and all the updates. Then I installed Artmasterpro applied the crack and the update to version 1.2 and it all works like a charm. Any one who wants to use Artmasterpro with Win7Home can contact me and I will help. Artmasterpro is one of the most unique photo manipulation programs in existence. It is a shame that it is no longer supported. I have a 1280x1024 monitor hooked up to my laptop and Win2000pro runs full screen and Artmasterpro runs full screen. I couldn't be happier. I am looking for Artwizards. If anyone knows where I can get any Artwizards in addition to the ones that come with the software please let me know.

Comment

Hey Bruce
                        I have a demo download of artmasterpro with files dated 2007 and 2008. I'd like to get it running so it's not just dead disk space.

I just have a plain ol' xp system

Could you explain more about how you got yours running - I don'y really understand this "crack" stuf.

Regards
                        Bob Mc

Comment

Working...
                        X