Tutorial: SKetch, Stoney's method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial: SKetch, Stoney's method

Been working on this for a couple days. I've been attempting to do some old style art to hang on my walls since there bare let me know what you think
    Attached Files

thanx for all the replies its much appreciated. Basically what I did is similiar to trimoons tutorial, with a few different things. I use the history brush with the original photo set to use for it. Then i set the brush to screen and choose a wet media brush and begin stroking away with color gradually increasing or decreasing the opacity to get the effect. I find that if you make the object of attention darker it has a better effect in this case it is the axle. The background was painted in and cloned from some foliage. using the color dodge tool i can highlight edges of the tires and the axle to give it some more definition. now as I near the edge of the paper I gradually decrease the opacity of the foliage to make it lighter as it extends outward. Lastly I may adjust the brightness and or contrast to my liking. Sorry i can't be more specific as with most of my photos I just play with the settings until I like. I guess I should start making notes whenever I work on a photo. Anwyays thanx again
    Stoney

Comment