Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impressionist plugin: Custom styles (member posted)

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Cheryl H
    Impressionist plugin: Troubleshooting
    by Cheryl H
    The Impressionist plugin is PC only. It doesn't work with native Mac applications.

It will work on one of the newer Macs that runs Windows or a Mac outfitted with Virtual PC. In either case a Windows version of an image editing program such as Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Painter,...
    06-16-2004, 09:55 AM
  • celter
    Impressionist problem.
    by celter
    Hi everybody. I downloaded the "Impressionist" plug-in for PS Elements 4 and I am impressed with this program. However I am not able to save the "styles". I get the dialog box when I try to save, but cannot find the saved style afterwards. Any ideas what is wrong?
    07-28-2006, 01:16 AM
  • DannyRaphael
    Impressionst plugin: How to create a custom style
    by DannyRaphael
    I got a question the other day something like, "How do you go about creating a custom style in Impressionist."

The short answer: It's pretty much by trial and error process.

The basic steps to create a custom versiion of the Pencil Sketch > Detail Colored style...
    11-30-2005, 02:36 AM
  • Fluffbutt
    Impressionist Set File - how to fix if needed
    by Fluffbutt
    FLASH - CUSTOM STYLE NAMES MUST BE 30 CHARACTERS or LESS
    When saving a custom Style by clicking the Save button, if you assign a name longer than 30 characters in the Variant box, Impressionist will complete the request (no error message), but will create a "blank" entry in the category...
    05-31-2004, 10:55 AM
  • MOJET1
    Help With Photoshop Fonts/brushes
    by MOJET1
    I Hope Some One Can Help. I Have Downloaded Many Fonts And Brushes From The Net And Most Go To My Download File FOLDER Others To My Doc FileFOLDER. The Problem Is I Can't Get Them To Photoshop So I Can Use Them. I Have Photoshop 7 And Windows Xp.
    05-30-2005, 10:12 AM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Impressionist plugin: Custom styles (member po

Click on my name above and choose option "Send e-mail to DannyRaphael" -- then send e-mail to me. I will reply w detailed instructions.

Comment

I have recently an Imac, and it is a pity that the impressionist no longer to use.
      I used really likes Impressionist, but switched because the Win 8 me couldn't.
      Maybe there is something else that does about the same?
      Last edited by rogier; 11-26-2013, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Re: Lyle's custom presets, Van Gogh, Mosaic, Threa

Originally posted by lkroll View Post
        To simplify things I took the liberty of consolidating Lyle's presets into two .set files...

The settings in the 1st file, #LK all.set, use Orientation option "Optionally". Just apply these like you would any other Impressionist style.

- - - - - - -

The settings in the 2nd file, #LK all with file.set, use Orientation option "By file..." and require what's known as a stroke direction file named original.bmp. Optionally you may specify another file. See Impressionist HELP topic Orientation Controls for more information on stroke direction file requirements.

IMPORTANT: When you attempt to apply any of the presets in the second collection for the first time, you will get an error message indicating a missing file, in this case "original.bmp".

For corrective action click here and scroll down to the section that addresses

Symptom: Message "[file name]." The system cannot find the path specified."

==================

Thanks again, Lyle, for crafting these custom styles.

~Danny~
        Dear LKroll,

I am new here and looking for a preset or style to change any .jpg's into embroidery stitches (not x-cross stitches as I have these) as the one you have used on your poppy image I came across today. I have seen the zip above, does this include this preset for long stitches as in image? I actually use Paint Shop Pro mainly but the Impressionist filter works in that program too, although I do have Photoshop as well but not installed. I have searched all over and can't find any tutorials on making such presets. And how do I install these presets to work with Impressionist filter? Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Laura

Comment

Originally posted by launok View Post
          Dear LKroll,

I am new here and looking for a preset or style to change any .jpg's into embroidery stitches (not x-cross stitches as I have these) as the one you have used on your poppy image I came across today. I have seen the zip above, does this include this preset for long stitches as in image? I actually use Paint Shop Pro mainly but the Impressionist filter works in that program too, although I do have Photoshop as well but not installed. I have searched all over and can't find any tutorials on making such presets. And how do I install these presets to work with Impressionist filter? Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Laura
          My thread preset should be in this file Laura.
          Attached Files

Comment

My thread preset should be in this file Laura.
            Thank you! I have tested it in PSPX2 and it works only on your "lk all" set which I have downloaded elsewhere in this thread.

The other set "lk all with file" looks for "original.bmp" file. I assume the threads 1 & 2 in "lk all" is the same as in the others sets, or are they different? These in "lk all" works perfect and do not ask for the original.bmp file. I have read earlier in this thread of the missing file and willl try the options given.

EDIT: Never mind, I got all of them now to work perfectly in PSP after following the steps for missing .bmp file. With playing around with the various options, I got the perfect machine embroidered look!! And with the PSP embroidered presets for borders I have, this will look like real embroidery items. Thank you!

This is the result after playing with the stroke orientation within Impressionist and the "lk all":

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...ps82415019.jpg

Regards,

Laura
            Last edited by launok; 01-31-2014, 07:57 AM. Reason: Added an image

Comment

Hey Laura. You can bypass the orientation file if you so choose. It does add nuance that other settings don't but it't not necessary. Click image for details on that. Also saw that you posted at GIMPChat. Yes, Impressionist runs in GIMP but it's a little convoluted to get it to work though but that's where I run this plugin. If you would like it to work in GIMP, you first need the PSPI plugin. Then, you will need to click on the Registry link for instructions (I did say convoluted didn't I? lol). Where there's a will, there's an A.

PSPI: http://tml.pp.fi/gimp/pspi.html

How to get it to work: http://registry.gimp.org/comment/6562#comment-6562
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey Laura. You can bypass the orientation file if you so choose. It does add nuance that other settings don't but it't not necessary. Click image for details on that. Also saw that you posted at GIMPChat. Yes, Impressionist runs in GIMP but it's a little convoluted to get it to work though but that's where I run this plugin. If you would like it to work in GIMP, you first need the PSPI plugin. Then, you will need to click on the Registry link for instructions (I did say convoluted didn't I? lol). Where there's a will, there's an A.

PSPI: http://tml.pp.fi/gimp/pspi.html

How to get it to work: http://registry.gimp.org/comment/6562#comment-6562
                Lyle, thank you ... but first I have to get Gimp to be installed as I have never used it. But after I have seen all the great plugins and brushes for it, I have to do that soon!

Comment

Working...
                X