Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impressionist plugin: Troubleshooting

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• DannyRaphael
    Impressionist plugin: Custom styles (member posted)
    by DannyRaphael
    The purpose of this thread is to share custom Impressionist styles created by RetouchPRO menus.

The following topics are addressed in this post:
    * How to prepare and upload your custom styles
    * How to install custom styles, brushes and papers
    * A "Danny's favorites"...
    05-22-2004, 02:16 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    Impressionst plugin: How to create a custom style
    by DannyRaphael
    I got a question the other day something like, "How do you go about creating a custom style in Impressionist."

The short answer: It's pretty much by trial and error process.

The basic steps to create a custom versiion of the Pencil Sketch > Detail Colored style...
    11-30-2005, 02:36 AM
  • Fluffbutt
    Impressionist Set File - how to fix if needed
    by Fluffbutt
    FLASH - CUSTOM STYLE NAMES MUST BE 30 CHARACTERS or LESS
    When saving a custom Style by clicking the Save button, if you assign a name longer than 30 characters in the Variant box, Impressionist will complete the request (no error message), but will create a "blank" entry in the category...
    05-31-2004, 10:55 AM
  • celter
    Impressionist problem.
    by celter
    Hi everybody. I downloaded the "Impressionist" plug-in for PS Elements 4 and I am impressed with this program. However I am not able to save the "styles". I get the dialog box when I try to save, but cannot find the saved style afterwards. Any ideas what is wrong?
    07-28-2006, 01:16 AM
  • memphishooter
    file browser
    by memphishooter
    I have PS7 in a new machine, with Windows, giving me 16 x 9 screen. Thing is, I like to bring files into PS7, set em up in file browser and batch rename, so the files are sequential, and the file #'s are only two digits long. I can't find the triangle that I used to see when I had this exact same program...
    01-28-2010, 04:36 PM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Impressionist plugin: Troubleshooting

Danny, several members of DigitalNuts are reporting they are using the Impressionist Plugin successfully in photoshop and Vista 64. I haven't asked any of them if they are using CS4, which may be culprit.
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alcar View Post
      Danny, several members of DigitalNuts are reporting they are using the Impressionist Plugin successfully in photoshop and Vista 64. I haven't asked any of them if they are using CS4, which may be culprit.
      Alan
      I just read the DN replies. I saw the thumbs up on Impressionist + Vista "in general" (most likely the Vista 32 bit versions), but I did not see a specific confirmation for CS4 / Vista 64. Did I miss it?

Hopefully someone besides Janet will be able to confirm this. It would be a deal breaker for me.

FWIW: If it wuz me I'd stick with XP for the time being (you know it works) and give Windows 7 a look when it ships late 2009 or whenever in 2010. My .02.

Comment

Hi, first-time poster -

I love IMPRESSIONIST, but it's always been a little slow. I finally upgraded to a quad-core PC, and the plugin only uses one core. That means my old 3ghz single core PC runs the plugin faster than the new 2.4 ghz quad-core on the same version of XP. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by peener View Post
          Hi, first-time poster -

I love IMPRESSIONIST, but it's always been a little slow. I finally upgraded to a quad-core PC, and the plugin only uses one core. That means my old 3ghz single core PC runs the plugin faster than the new 2.4 ghz quad-core on the same version of XP. Oh well.
          Hi Peener:

Welcome to Retouch Pro.

Regarding replacing one's computer and getting no performance boost with this jewel of a plugin, I feel your pain. Been there, done that myself.

It's easy to forget Impressionist was written 12-13 years ago (packaged with Front Page 97), long before it could be architected and optimized for multi-core processors because there were no multi-core processors back then!

In any event it's a pretty nifty tool, definitely one of a kind.

Looking fwd. to seeing some of your artwork. Jump in anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Petty View Post

Also be aware that the lightening fast 64-bit computers that run this new Photoshop will also make obsolete a lot of the other plug-ins we all know and love to use.

Janet
            It may be the CS4 that's causing the problem. I installed it on my Vista 64 and it's running fine. I'm using CS3.

Becky

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
              X