Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial (link): Tim Shelbourne tutorials FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial (link): Tim Shelbourne tutorials FIXED!

Let's try this again - the sequel.

Here's an updated and working link: http://www.graphic-design.com/Photos...tch/index.html

These look very interesting.

~Danny~
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 01-12-2009, 09:06 AM. Reason: fix link

Its fine to get to the site ... but when you click on a tutorial nothing happens there is no tutorial there.

Wendy

Comment

Danny..thank you. Can't wait to try the chalk sketch one.

Judy... did you click on the pix? ..it worked for me as I had downloaded the chalk tutorial. However, I didn't try the others three...

Update..just went back and tried all of them...works fine. Just click on the pix ...it opened the full tutorial for me, using the link above in Danny's post..
      Last edited by GOLDCOIN; 04-03-2005, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyW
        Its fine to get to the site ... but when you click on a tutorial nothing happens there is no tutorial there. Wendy
        Tim confessed website building isn't his strong suit. I didn't notice the Tutorial link didn't work because I was already on the tutorials page.

See the revised 1st post for what does work.

Thanks for pointing this out, Wendy. Sure appreciate it.

~Danny~

Comment

Oh thats great news ... his tutorials are brilliant and I can't wait for the book.

Any idea when it is coming out?

Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by WendyW
            Oh thats great news ... his tutorials are brilliant and I can't wait for the book.

Any idea when it is coming out?

Wendy
            May, 2005.

I agree with you on his tutorials. His styles and methods are very unique.

Comment

Danny,

Tim has done some alterations to the tutorial section on his site ... and now has included instructions to click on the photo to access the tutorial. Sadly something has gone awry with the alterations as three out of the four links now do not work ... Sigh !! ... very big sigh!!

Wendy

Comment

I just tried the link at the top of this thread... the "click on the tutorial pic" links worked for me.

It must have been a temp. outage. Try 'em again and see if they work for you, too.

Comment

Help with Charcoal

Even tho' Tim's tutorial says the level is "easy", I'm stuck!
                  I do not seem to have the brush he suggests...Charcoal Large Smear...I reset my tools, presets, brushes, emptied the dishwasher, folded laundry and tried again...and finally made up my own brush. Can anyone guide me please?
                  Always a thanks,
                  Deb

Comment

Deb,

Its in the default brush set ... 5 below scattering maple leaves

Wendy

Comment

Danny,

Thanks for that ... they are now all working. Last night only the montage one was.

Wendy

Comment

Please help the newbee

I've tried to reset brushes, but nothing is working...can you guide me?
                        Deb

Comment

Deb:

This might be a function of which version of Photoshop you're using.

Which version are you using?

I've got PS 7 and the "Charcoal Large Smear" is among the default brush set.

There are different ways to do this. Here's one:
                          * Choose the Brush tool from the Tools palette
                          * Right-click to show the Brushes palette
                          * From the menu choose Reset brushes...
                          * IMPORTANT: In the dialog box I clicked "Append" because I didn't want to completely replace my current collection of brushes.
                          * "Charcoal Large Smear" was 13th from the bottom of the appended brushes

Does this help?

~Danny~

Comment

What! No pictures?

Here's my first effort at the Chalk technique.
                            I tried to keep close to the tutorial but I can't wait to invent some new versions for this!

Attached Files

Comment

No Luck Yet

I too have PS 7, Danny and I though I knew how to reset brushes, etc. I guess I might have to reinstall from the software? Weird eh? The funny thing is I might still be doing something wrong as I have PS 7 on two machines and can't find the default brushes in either place. Will work on it some more. Anymore suggestions, welcome.
                              Deb

Comment