X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial (link): Watercolor, Helen Yancy

SORRY... link below posted 2005 no longer valid

==============================

I used the technique of Helen Yancy and Corel Painter IX to accomplish this drawing. Any critique would be great.

See: http://www.helenyancystudio.com/private/index.php

Thanks!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 11-25-2012, 03:14 PM. Reason: Added comment about link

Originally posted by bbuttry
    I used the technique of Helen Yancy and Corel Painter IX to accomplish this drawing. Any critique would be great. Thanks!!!
    Good for you on giving this a go and sharing your results. Looks like you were paying attention to Helen's instructions. (Look forward to getting that DVD, btw.)

It's a little hard to provide in depth feedback with a small pic like this, but I can sure tell the background looks painted. I like the edges, too.

I just finished plowing through Helen's Oil Painting DVD, where she tends to not manipulate facial details that much. I'm still debating whether or not I like the manipulate just about everything else except the face method. That just goes against my grain, but in cases like this I can see the advantages. It certainly draws ones attention to the face, which is the point.

For a first RetouchPRO post, I'd say you've earned two thumbs up. Well done.

~Danny~

Comment

Beautiful just beautiful!

Comment

Simply outstanding Bbuttry I've been swithering about getting Helen's DVD/CD's for a few months now. Seeing your result from one of them is VERY encouraging and I thank you for allowing us to view your marvellous result. Well done and keep up this beautiful work whatever you do. I hope we'll see more of you here at RP and welcome.

Comment

Re: Tutorial (link): Watercolor, Helen Yancy

I have been trying to find the link to this tutorial but no luck. The link that is provided is broken. Could someone please help me.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sjordanc View Post
            I have been trying to find the link to this tutorial but no luck. The link that is provided is broken. Could someone please help me.
            Thanks
            This thread was started in 2005, so I am not surprised that the link is no longer valid. But I'm glad you posed your question so this thread can be updated. Thank you for doing that.

I did not have any luck finding a valid link to the original tutorial or any Helen Yancy tutorials or even dvds, but I did find a few youTube.com videos that may be helpful using this search argument:

"corel painter watercolor tutorial"

I hope this helps.

Comment

Pretty much near useless, but maybe some info can be gleaned by clicking on the wayback machine result.

http://web.archive.org/web/200705231...vate/index.php

Comment

Working...
              X