Plugin: Paint Engine (PC)

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• I. V. Razmanov
    [FPS] Paint Engine (Win only)
    by I. V. Razmanov
    http://fantasticmachines.com/store/index.php?cPath=24

A bit weird yet incredibly powerful plugin. It work like this: takes a source pixel and smudges it, "pushing" some color from it to pixels below, and "pulling" some colors from them as well. Direction of smudging,...
    02-28-2007, 05:48 AM
  • DannyRaphael
    ImpressionFX plugin - do you have it?
    by DannyRaphael
    If you have this plugin (ImpressionFX) installed and working, I would appreciate it if you would e-mail or PM me.

Note: I do not mean Microsoft Impressionist

The one I'm interest in is the one described here:
    http://impressionfx.com/current/impressionfx.php
    12-04-2010, 06:43 AM
  • Vadim
    Growcut: New image cutout plugin
    by Vadim
    Hello everyone!
    It's just an announcement: a Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro compatible masking plugin - GrowCut 2.0 has been released!
    Differences from previous versions:
    - complete interface redesign
    - algorithm's optimization
    - 16 bit images are supported!
    02-22-2008, 06:42 AM
  • ShadowLight
    Plugin - requests?
    by ShadowLight
    I'm curious to what part of your workflow would you have made as a plugin.
    What would you have automatized?

please give some clear description so I can (try to) implement it
    (time permitting)
    yes, it's going to be free
    09-12-2011, 05:41 AM
  • DannyRaphael
    Impressionist plugin: Running it on a Macintosh
    by DannyRaphael
    The Microsoft Impressionist plugin is only available in a PC version, but there may be hope for adventurous Mac users. Here's a possible workaround suggested by Mac user, MG:

In theory one could install Virtual PC on the Mac, then a Windows version of Photoshop Elements, Jasc PaintShop...
    05-06-2004, 09:07 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin: Paint Engine (PC)

Paint Engine Beta is FREE and can render some interesting arty effects.

Find out more about it HERE (including download link).
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 09-07-2011, 09:01 AM. Reason: Update opinion.

re: Plugin: Paint Engine (PC)

It might help some of us if the format of an app was for a PC, Mac, or both in the posting. If nothing else it would save time.

Comment

re: Plugin: Paint Engine (PC)

Originally posted by gholmes1936 View Post
      It might help some of us if the format of an app was for a PC, Mac, or both in the posting. If nothing else it would save time.
      Duly noted. I've changed the title to this thread to bring it up to date.

A few years ago noting platform in thread title for topics of this nature became more of a common practice. This was not the case in 2002 when this thread was born.

I've lost track... If you're a Mac-guy, have you considered indicating that in your sig? Considering your considerable skills I'm sure other Mac folks would be interested in connecting with you.

Comment

Re: Plugin: Paint Engine (PC)

Hi Danny,
        Will this work on PSP as well as PS? I would like to try it at some point because of your high regard for this plug-in. Any plug-ins will need to be very good to remain on my PC as I don't want to have endless plug-ins that are either marginal in usefulness or are mediocre in performance. This is why with your recommendation I would like to try it later in the future. As you know I have my hands full as it is....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by raven4ns View Post
          Hi Danny,
          Will this work on PSP as well as PS? I would like to try it at some point because of your high regard for this plug-in. Any plug-ins will need to be very good to remain on my PC as I don't want to have endless plug-ins that are either marginal in usefulness or are mediocre in performance. This is why with your recommendation I would like to try it later in the future. As you know I have my hands full as it is....lol.
          I am 99.9% sure PE will work under PSP.

A lot has changed since this thread was started way back in 2002. (How time flies by...) PE can yield some interesting results, but its usefulness is purely subjective. How well one likes it is a function of how in love one becomes with the effects it renders.

I'm no longer "in love" with PE. Fact is I like (and use) Impressionist far more often.

Since PE is free, I'd say it's worth a look to see if it has value in your plugins toolkit.

Comment

For me Corel Painter is the best for digital painting I used to work with photoshop but since painter I don't touch photoshop for painting it's good for tons of other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sergio2263 View Post
              For me Corel Painter is the best for digital painting I used to work with photoshop but since painter I don't touch photoshop for painting it's good for tons of other stuff.
              You will get no argument from me that Corel Painter has tremendous possibilities / capabilities "in the right hands," which excludes mine.

It's all a matter of what results one aspires to achieve and/or what tools one is capable of using.

Paint Engine as well as other popular plugins like Impressionist can be used within Painter (under the Effects menu) if properly installed (see details within Painter Help). Applying a PE effect to a Painter rendered layer or vice versa can yield interesting results not easily reproduced, if at all, using the individual tools. It's great to have options!

Comment

can somebody know where can I get the preset sandstone6 for the paint engine?
                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by meomx View Post
                  can somebody know where can I get the preset sandstone6 for the paint engine?
                  thanks
                  I did not find sandstone6 among my presets or anywhere on the Internet using Bing and Google.

WHERE did you see reference to this preset?

Comment

5 or 6 yrs ago a did a tutorial with this preset ,for same reason the one that i have now it doesn't have it ,and i cant find it

Comment

Working...
                    X