Creative Portraits: Green Dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Portraits: Green Dress

Here's another pic I liked. I did try playing with it earlier today using Danny's smudge technique, but really screwed it up so I'll try again in the morning. Enjoy!
    Attached Files

Nice image. I used impressionist > oil smudged.
    Alan

Comment

Arghhh!

OK, something tells me I'm making this way harder than I have to.
      First I lightened it then did a 30% (max) edge smoothing.
      smudge
      smudge
      smudge
      got rid of whatever it is she's holding in her left hand which forced me to get rid of the hand altogether - maybe a mistake since I never could get the sleeve right after that.
      Touched up her bracelet & right eyebrow (which had mysteriously disappeared) in Painter IX
      sharpened
      smudge
      smudge
      smudge
      adjusted color, hue, saturation
      sharpened
      smudge
      smudge
      smudge
      applied a custom brush
      smoothed some rough edges around her head wrap (that gave me fits)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Neasa; 10-08-2005, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Tried a little painter...

I used a smeary camel brush, then used PSCS for USM, Saturation, and added some yellow in Color balance.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice image great results so far. Yes Neasa that's pretty much it with smudging different brushes and opacities give different results and there seems to be a couple of different ways to finish i have posted two one with just usm and the other with usm and ansiotropic ( causes a bit of a problem where there is hair i find)
          Alcar love your impressionism and 12fretter your background is great ( dont worry so is the potrait)

Palms
          Attached Files

Comment

Really nice colors in the original.

Steve
            Attached Files

Comment

Have never used the history art brush before now, never knew what it did.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cassidy
                Have never used the history art brush before now, never knew what it did.
                It's a great tool with maaaany possibilities
                Attached Files

Comment

Since I used the art history brush I have been reading up on it. Oops looks like you are meant to use a white layer at reduced opacity for painting, this little bunny used a gaussian blurred layer.

Comment

Started out by applying Levels (to open up the shadows) and cropping the image.

Applied a couple custom Impressionist presets and sharpened a little -- then opened in Painter for some Blender > Grainy Blender strokes.

To add a little more depth, I tried out plugin 'Boss Emboss' from www.FlamingPear.com (30-day free trial). It has a LOT more options/flexibility than Emboss filters that come with Elements, Photoshop, PSP, etc.

Added a bit of a canvas look with Alien Skin Spat > Resurface and added a colored frame.
                    Attached Files

Comment

had a go with my sharpness routine and some variances.

Craig
                      Attached Files

Comment

with impressionist

Some time back I did some photoart on this image
                        http://www.pbase.com/manjulasiriwardena/image/31369792

Manju

Comment

I'm in the process of evaluating Art Master Pro from Fo2pix (www.Fo2pix.com).

This interpretation was rendered by the "Sensible Pencil" Art Wizard. The first image is how it came out of AMP.

The second was fine tuned in Photoshop (Levels, Brightness/Contrast and painting over a few areas to tone down or remove the AMP effect) and the texture was applied.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by DannyRaphael; 10-09-2005, 08:59 AM.

Comment

One more. Such a nice image to work with. Black layer with reveal all mask.
                            Alan

Comment

Lovely image to work with! Several Impressionist settings, a touch of Virtual Painter, and a little texture.

Haven't had much time to play lately, but this one was too nice to pass up.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Patricia; 10-09-2005, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X