No announcement yet.

Creative Portraits: A face with character

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• PhotoGuyJames
    Creative Portraits: Aneliese
    by PhotoGuyJames
    Model Aneliese with bike. I took this shot last week... She is a very good friend of mine! go at it!

-James...
    03-27-2006, 01:03 AM
  • Fizzgiz
    Creative Portraits: Touching Ground
    by Fizzgiz
    Here is a pic of my son from last Summer. He wasn't very steady on his feet so we only let him play on the grassy area of the yard. Well he just couldn't wait till we let him go near the stone walkway, and this was the first time we let him. I was dissappointed that I didn't get the shot more at his...
    03-23-2005, 08:36 PM
  • Janet Petty
    Creative Portraits: A photo for the ladies
    by Janet Petty
    My friend has generously given his permission to post this picture on this site. Enjoy working with this classic style portrait. If anyone wants a higher res version, please pm me and it can be emailed to you.

I do retain the copyright on the original and on any art copies and ask that...
    07-02-2005, 06:50 PM
  • DannyRaphael
    Creative Portraits: Kids, Mason
    by DannyRaphael
    This adorable 18-month old is Mason, who is the grandson of a friend of member Legacy~Art.

Let's see what you can do with one, the other or both pics of this handsome lad.

~Danny~

p.s. Thanks, LA, for submitting these....
    01-11-2005, 02:35 PM
  • Neve
    Creative Portraits: Flower Girl
    by Neve
    There are lots of quality photos available from:-

http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml

Many of which are without restriction in their usage such as this delightful photo by Damascus aka Jeff Osborn.

Enjoy!...
    01-13-2005, 06:57 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks steve. since i have neither buzz or gertrudis, i guess i'll have to fake it

it's a good technique.

craig

Comment

Re: A face with character

Artistic Portrait...
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm gonna jump in (better late than never). Peter gave me some tips on the AHB, and I just had to give it another try and had this image sitting on my desktop waiting to be "played" with. Play I did. Have no idea how I arrived here, but I discovered the PS default AHB Tool Presets (Thanks, Peter) and just started playing. His suggestion to lower the opacity on the default brushes and build up paint really gave me something to play with.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy
          I'm gonna jump in (better late than never). Peter gave me some tips on the AHB, and I just had to give it another try and had this image sitting on my desktop waiting to be "played" with. Play I did. Have no idea how I arrived here, but I discovered the PS default AHB Tool Presets (Thanks, Peter) and just started playing. His suggestion to lower the opacity on the default brushes and build up paint really gave me something to play with.

Yo gettin there Gal.
          Now try a different brush and alter the area and maybe tolerance (don't panic you'll find out where they are)

Peter

Comment

Welcome to the AHB Swampy. Very nice for a first try. My first try can be found on one of the art challenges in the Challenge part of RTP. It isn't anywhere near as well done. Trust me.

I remember the first time I actually got the AHB to work. It squiggled without control; and I panicked. I've since learned to let it do it's thing and work into smaller sized brushes for details. Good luck but remember to have fun.

And on another note, Swampy, what is the texture of the background? I really, really like it.

And Slidefoot. You really did a wonderful job on his craggy face without making it look like a fashion model retouch. I like the job you did a lot.

Janet

Comment

Re: Creative Portraits: A face with character

When I first saw this picture I thought Palms needs to do a smudge on this one for sure. I'll start it off.

Joe
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's one done with Topaz Adjust psychedelic preset. Then I masked out the lenses to use the original, which I ran thru Topaz Detail to bring out the reflections...I love reflections
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's my contribution.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great photo...so many fine interpretations. This one used the Impresssionist Plugin with layers and adjustments in Pbotoshop.
                    Alan
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pat, thanks for bringing this one back to life. I like where you took our cowboy!

- - - - -

Hi Alan: Always enjoy your interpretations using my favorite plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by FranS View Post
                        Here's my contribution.
                        Isolating him from BG and handsome digital frame definitely adds some class.

Comment

I just can't help myself - portraits are made for sketches.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another attempt with the AHB and a random watercolour filtered background.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Crapaud, nice work with the AHB.

Comment

Thanks, Fran. I'm still not comfortable using the AHB; there are aspects of the portrait that I'm not happy with. I spent a lot of time mucking around with tolerances, opacities etc to see how they affected the brushes. I'm going to write to Santa for a tablet.

Comment

Working...
                                X