red wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red wedding

Scroll down to POST #11 for a larger image.

Expecting some interesting results. Have fun.

Paul
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 10-23-2006, 08:29 AM. Reason: updated text to refer to larger image

Re: red wedding

nice pic. got it in a larger size?

Comment

hey craig,

what is the size limitation to post ?

Comment

the only limit is on FILE size, not image size. and generally, for the art stuff, somewhere between 640 x 480 and 800 x 600 is usually pretty good, but there's no hard and fast rule on this.

Comment

I am not sure of the best procedure here. This file starts out at 288mb. So, i reduce it to the max allowable to upload ....100kb. Thats it ?

Paul
          Last edited by Studio 58; 10-22-2006, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Studio 58
            I am not sure of the best procedure here. This file starts out at 288mb. So, i reduce it to the max allowable to upload ....100kb. Thats it ?

Paul
            That's it...

If you're using Photoshop, File > Save for Web enables one to specify max file size via the Optimize to File Size dialog. (Use 99KB.) Works great.

Comment

optimize box comes up at 32k..........unable to delete or change setting

Comment

Check out this link. It explains in detail what you need to do.

Syd

Comment

thanks Syd....got all that, however, optimize to size comes up at yellow highlighted 32k. Unable to delete or change setting. I use photoshop (cs2) every day & I have not had an issue like this before

Comment

Is it , perhaps, because you changed your pixel dimensions before you went to Save for Web? If your pixel dimensions were 32k before you took it into Save for Web, Optimise will not enlarge those. How could your pixel dimensions have gotten smaller? Well if you had made your image smaller using Image>Image Size that would have affected the pixel dimensions.

My suggestion: take the original image into Save for web. You can size the image there using Image Size. For a picture like yours I would use an image size of about 600 pixels in width. Check 'Bicubic' then hit the "Apply" button. Now go to the optimise tab and fill in 100 for the desire pixel dimensions.

Hope this helps.

syd

Comment

seems photoshop needed a restart......hmm. OK newly sized image attached.

Thanks people,

Paul
                      Attached Files

Comment

Impressionist, Eye Candy and some smudging were involved for this O on C.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Paul what a great shot lovely idea and against the red brilliant, although i did find that a stumbling block when trying to do something ! ! !

so just used the ahb ( again)

Palms
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by palms1
                            Paul what a great shot lovely idea and against the red brilliant, although i did find that a stumbling block when trying to do something ! ! !

so just used the ahb ( again)

Palms
                            Exceptional interpretation. Do describe your AHB technique. Don't leave out the details on the edge texturing.

Well done.

Comment

studio58, much better and thank you for posting the picture

Comment

Working...
                              X