Have fun

Peter
    Attached Files

Re: Another Nice Gal

I had fun with this one...
    Attached Files

Comment

Thought i would have a bit of a change for this one and used neat image and virtual photographer
      but who knows might change my mind later and try something else ! ! !

Palms
      Attached Files

Comment

Another of my "some gonna like it...some ain't" interpretations.

Steve
        Attached Files

Comment

Good work palms ...like the elimination of distracting elements and the change to the soft cool blue monotone.

Comment

Another another nice gal.
            MargaretM
            Attached Files

Comment

PeterS!!! I opened this thread 5 minutes ago and I promise you I just caught my breath,literally! That is absolutely AMAZING! Please Please Please will you reveal your secret? I would LOVE to know how you did that.

STUNNING!!

Dawn

Comment

Originally posted by 1STLITE
                PeterS!!! I opened this thread 5 minutes ago and I promise you I just caught my breath,literally! That is absolutely AMAZING! Please Please Please will you reveal your secret? I would LOVE to know how you did that.

STUNNING!!

Dawn
                Dawn till Peter pops in take a look at this thread, i think it will be the same technique, and join in the campaign for him to do us all a tutorial i think this technique is great

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/tur...character.html

Palms

Comment

Dawn no secret really. (just hard work ).

I use Imagenomic to reduce the noise - set at full noise reduction. I do this several times to really soften the image, any blemishes left I remove with the healing brush,
                  Imagenomic also adds a little sharpening, I remove any halos with the blur brush opacity set quite high and use maximum hardness, this leets me get right up to the edges without overblurring them.
                  I use Hue/Sat to tweak the colours as the softening alters them slightly, adjust levels to suit. I have also used NancyJ's painting with light cheat a couple of times to emphasize stuff (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/rp-...ht=paint+light)
                  Then I go over it all again with the blur brush to pick up the small stuff I may have missed.
                  I did start to write a tutorial on this, but it can be very different for each image, less blurring less Hue/Sat etc. So far there are about 5 or 6 ways to get this effect. It does not work quite so well on complicated patterns in the picture, so I look for plain coloured things, they seem to work better.
                  It can be done partially with LucisArt if you have it.
                  Hope this helps, my this is a long post for me, I am usually quite brief.

Peter

Comment

Palms nice one, similar to mine I see but is that a duotone?
                    Steve very different, do I detect heavy LuscisArt stuff there?
                    Margret very good simplification there, cutout filter used I think or maybe poster edges?

Peter

Comment

peter,

thanks for that explanation. i borrowed on it (and subsequently nancyj's tutorial) and altered things just a bit to get mine. it's pretty much the same thing but without any smudging, just digital camera noise removal, hue/sat layer, and nancyj's high pass solution. makes for a nice, soft, better highlighted image. i like it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kraellin
                        peter,

thanks for that explanation. i borrowed on it (and subsequently nancyj's tutorial) and altered things just a bit to get mine. it's pretty much the same thing but without any smudging, just digital camera noise removal, hue/sat layer, and nancyj's high pass solution. makes for a nice, soft, better highlighted image. i like it.
                        Nice one but:-
                        You do realise I get commission for every time this method is used now don't you Craig?

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter S
                          Palms nice one, similar to mine I see but is that a duotone?
                          Steve very different, do I detect heavy LuscisArt stuff there?
                          Margret very good simplification there, cutout filter used I think or maybe poster edges?

Peter

Peter at a guess i would say yes it is a duotone, it is the satin steel preset in virtual photographer

Palms

Comment

thanks, peter, but only if you share it with nancyj

Comment

But of course, would I.......................................

Comment

Working...
                              X