All aglow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All aglow

Typo; should have said Autotrace; can try the online interface if you don't have a supported OS. I really like vector simplication (lazy I am). It really enhances Aniso. I've posted the script before, but it's been a while. Below's the script that I use:

Code:
    AUTOTRACE -corner-threshold 75 -despeckle-level 16 -despeckle-tightness 2 -output-format svg -output-file c:\temp\d.svg -report-progress %1
    I port the SVG file directly into GIMP (GIMP reads vectored SVG thanks to Ghostscript; I like SVG since it keeps transparencies. When saving as EPS, GIMP doesn't read the transparencies), and blend it with the original (the transparencies need to be filled; if I were to use an EPS file, the transparencies would default with white which makes for a terrible situation). I know it's a little techy, so I apoligize for this, but this can't be helped.

Comment

Thank you Ikroll still a little bit over my head but will keep going back till it sinks in

Palms

Comment

Golden Girl. Done in Photoshop with hue and sat. layer and blurred layer.
        MargaretM
        Attached Files

Comment

I just rolled the dice in the Kyoto color filter in Flaming Pear filters and thought this was a cool look.
          MargaretM
          Attached Files

Comment

Had to have another go at this beautiful lady with art history.
            I hope she likes this one.

Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

Another Niemanesque.

Thought I would try something different too. Created the false colors via Retinex. Some smoothing (GREYCStoration) also.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Swartz
                There was never a day in my life that I looked that good...
                That goes for me too, CJ.

------------

Before starting this manipulation I masked the bathing suit and changed its color, and selectively applied Levels to lighten areas that looked too dark.

Experimenting continues with actions from the Pencil Pixels One-Click Volume 1 collection from www.PencilPixels.com...

On the first one I used the Styled Poster Art action. To this layer a little sharpening was applied followed by selective blurring (using Photoshop's Blur tool) to smooth some skin areas.

------------

#2 (collage)

Top right: A copy of the one described above
                TL: I have no idea.
                BL: Snap Art > Comics
                BR: Grayscale > Bitmap > Diffusion dither

------------

Great one to work with, Peter. Thanks for getting it started... and bringing it back for an encore.

~Danny~
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice entries. Doing some experimenting.
                  Attached Files

Comment

All hail youth... I tried a smudge using Impressionist.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I tried to get a metallic look.
                      Attached Files

Comment

LQQKER,

I like your play. Can you tell us how you did it?

Comment

Originally posted by frizzysky View Post
                          LQQKER,

I like your play. Can you tell us how you did it?
                          Thanks for the compliment. I really don't use any given workflow to achieve an end result, pretty much depends on the image and what comes to mind. I can tell you I work with a lot of layers and masks and layer styles, even with simple types of artwork (as I'm sure most do). The filters that I use in addition to the PS CS3 filters are Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 complete (most used), Nik Viveza 2, Alien Skin Snap art 2, Adaptive equalization, Several Redfield filters, Buzz Pro, Topaz filters, Virtual Painter 5, Xero and the list goes on (no I don't have stock in these companies). Most images I isolate the subject from the BG, although I have various knock out tools, I usually do it by hand using the lasso tool (using alt, shift, space and feathering). I've never been happy with knock out types of software, unless there's no other way.

I'm not trying to be vague with your question but I use filters as tools not an end result. For example, although it may not be obvious but the background alone was probably ten or so layers with several filters and different opacities. The colors are usually changed when I'm near the end result I have in mind. Usually I spend about an hour on a project before I post and probably another hour checking out the various forums at this site.

Comment

such a sexy, sultry pose. i thought i'd give it a bit more sultry, sexy lighting (and a little simplification).
                            Attached Files

Comment

Lasa-Love that silk glow effect! Is that something you learned here at RetouchPRO?

That was fun. Anybody know where I can make a living retouching such images?

I wanted to make her pretty muscle "pop" so I smoothed things out with various noise reductions, and masked back in the important details with an inverted copy of the original green channel. Also sharpened the sequins on her bikini, gotta have that bling! :-) Then I dodged and burned pecs, quads, abs, biceps.

I've also been playing around with an idea for automating D/B
                              - made a B/W adjustment layer
                              ..... - scrub curser to the left where you want it dark & right where you want it light
                              .... - the tonality of this can be decreased/increased with a curve
                              - stamp a merged copy
                              - turn off B/W adjustment layer
                              - change blending mode of stamped layer to Soft Light
                              ..... - this can be blurred if necessary
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Nasturtium; 01-21-2010, 01:49 AM.

Comment

And another one for posterity.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X