This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >> Special Challenge - a Tribute to Julia <<

The subject of this (now closed) challenge, Julia, died unexpectedly in March 2007. She was survived by her children, 3-year-old Andrew and 9-month-old Aurora.

The creations in this thread were submitted at the request of RetouchPRO member Janet Petty, a close friend of Julia's family. Janet wanted to create a memorial of Julia for the children.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 05-08-2007, 11:39 AM. Reason: revised text for now-closed thread.

Re: &gt;&gt; Special Challenge - a Tribute to Julia &lt;&lt;

Very sorry for the family and their loss Danny. May do a few later, but thought I would start things off with a wc b/w sketch.

Edit:

Revamped everything after a better read of Danny's request. Hard to reproduce in the large what I did in the small, so I'm keeping close to the original motif with a pencil. Here's the full hires version.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lkroll; 03-31-2007, 06:49 PM.

Comment

OK; one more before going to the store.

Edit:

A little easier to reproduce, but I still preplaced the smaller version. Here's the big version.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lkroll; 03-31-2007, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Very sad news.

Thought a sketch type as well.

Peter
        Attached Files

Comment

And here's one with AHB.

Peter
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm having a problem downloading the files. I'm not getting a downloaded .TIF file, I'm getting a QuickTime movie file. ?

Comment

Swampy do a right click and "save link as" that should get you going.

Peter

Comment

My prayers are with the family. Especailly these beautiful children
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Swampy; 03-31-2007, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Impasto this time. Some mods to the Impressionist Vegetable Paint preset. Some smudging and such too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dmrdm
                    I got the quick time movie also...a right click didn't give me a tiff option...only gave me a PRO Save As Source, PRO Save as quick time... which I said I didn't want to buy quick time. Must be doing something wrong.
                    On the page with the image links, RIGHT-CLICK the image link and you should get the option to SAVE TARGET AS. This will let you save the image and bypass the Quick-Time movie.

Comment

Sorry for the loss....my prayers are with them. I meant to put the little boy in the picture but i ran out of time...sorry. Hope you like it..Comments are welcome!!

Chad
                      Attached Files

Comment

Softened the babies highlites. Attempted to make the bubbles more pronounced, cropped, blurred, whitened eyes a little, put a little smile on the baby. A cutie.

Thoughtful project.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry some of you are having trouble downloading the pictures. I was hoping that by posting them on this site at a higher resolution that it would actually be easier. Those who have mentioned right clicking on the image name and selecting save target as or save as shouldn't have any trouble. I used this site for my students. They didn't have any problem saving their pictures by the right click method.

Thanks to all who have participated so far. This is special for me as well as for the family.

Janet

Comment

Just a watercolor this time.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7...icalzx9.th.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

image and poem by myself.
                              Attached Files

Comment