My input. Just layer and filter play.
    Redhead_Orig3.jpg

Comment

Re: Creative Portraits: Red Headed Beauty

Metallic paper cutout.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have lurked here for a long time, coming back to Photoshop and portraiture after an absence too. I need to get rid of the notice telling me I have never posted, so I resurrected this thread and had a go at a smudge.

I go at this a bit differently from what I can understand from other posts. I capture the entire image as a pattern, then use the pattern tool to bring in the image a bit at a time, smudging as I go. This allows me to reuse the pattern tool to rework an area as needed. I tend to go from a big sloppy smudge to bringing in the details only where I need them. This method also keeps me focused, whereas if I work on an entirely visibile image I tend to jump around trying one area and then another.

Here is my result. Comments welcome.

Barb T.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BarbaraT View Post
          I have lurked here for a long time, coming back to Photoshop and portraiture after an absence too. I need to get rid of the notice telling me I have never posted, so I resurrected this thread and had a go at a smudge.

I go at this a bit differently from what I can understand from other posts. I capture the entire image as a pattern, then use the pattern tool to bring in the image a bit at a time, smudging as I go. This allows me to reuse the pattern tool to rework an area as needed. I tend to go from a big sloppy smudge to bringing in the details only where I need them. This method also keeps me focused, whereas if I work on an entirely visibile image I tend to jump around trying one area and then another.

Barb T.

Hi and welcome Barb that is a interesting and different approach, with a good outcome

i tend to do my "AHB" blind (meaning i dont look at the photo i cover it with a solid colour and see what appears )

Palms

Comment

Decided to have another go at this one as I need the practice on hair.

Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BarbaraT View Post

Barb T.
              hi Barb:

Glad you gave into the "nag" message. This is indeed a fine effort. Appreciate the detail on your unique approach, too.

Look forward to seeing more of your creations in the future.

BTW: looks like you did fine on the attachment.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments. Palms, I work on a nearly blank canvas, I have a top layer of the photo so transparent I can just barely see it, just for placement, and I turn it off when the image has progressed to the point where I no longer need it.

Barb

Comment

Sorry; couldn't help myself. I will now reveal a secret that I kept from you. Ever since I first discovered (a few years ago) Jigsaw Image Mosaics (these guys were inspired by Arcimboldo's work by the way), I've been obsessed with mimicking Guiseppe Arcimboldo's look. Now that I finally found a way, I can't seem to stop doing these. Please, again, I ask for forgiveness.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I had a bit of fun with this one.

RedheadMoonWeb.jpg

Comment

Of course you are forgiven Lyle ( not that you have anything to be forgiven for )

Moonchild that is quite subtle, so much so i nearly missed it

Palms

Comment

Originally posted by palms1 View Post
                        Moonchild that is quite subtle, so much so i nearly missed it

Palms
                        TeeHee ... I couldn't resist. Somehow the curtain reminded me of a shower curtain so "psycho" naturally came to mind.

Comment

very clever, moonchild. glad i opened up the thumb

Comment

Originally posted by Kraellin View Post
                            very clever, moonchild. glad i opened up the thumb

Thanks Craig

Barb T., I have no idea how to use a pattern tool but i like what you did. Especially the hair. I can totally relate to the need to focus on smaller areas.

Comment

Originally posted by moonchild64 View Post
                              Thanks Craig

Barb T., I have no idea how to use a pattern tool but i like what you did. Especially the hair. I can totally relate to the need to focus on smaller areas.
                              for the pst try this link to Swampy's tut

Palms

Comment

Hello All.. I haven't posted here for a while so thought it time I did!

Here's my try at the Redhead. Painted and blended using Oil, Acrylics and Blender brushes in Corel Painter.

The larger image is here -
                                http://www.pbase.com/hadams/image/111118348

Thanks for looking.
                                Heather
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X