X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmieBear
    replied
    Re: Creative portraits: Great baby photos by Brand

Im new here but loved this image so much i thought i would smudge it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DannyRaphael
    replied

Originally posted by Xrider View Post
    Hope Im not to late on this thread, I didnt notice and tried to post on a thread that was over a year old lol. Nice picture to try some different things on. Used Swampys stamp pattern method for the backdround with a red filter, surface blur, hue/sat.
    It's always OK to add to an existing thread... no matter how long it's been inactive.

Glad you added your interpretation to this thread. I esp. like the BG effect. Swampy's method really worked here.

Leave a comment:

• Xrider
    replied

Hope Im not to late on this thread, I didnt notice and tried to post on a thread that was over a year old lol. Nice picture to try some different things on. Used Swampys stamp pattern method for the backdround with a red filter, surface blur, hue/sat.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DannyRaphael
    replied

Originally posted by cindy fuller View Post
    Hi, Brandi

I'm new to smudge painting as well. It can be hard! I try to paint in the direction of the area. For example, on her cheeks, I did small strokes, but on the dress I did longer strokes in the direction the dress was going, and on her hair, I just "combed" in the direction of the hair growth. Sorry I didn't leave her leg in the painting, but once I got to pulling the dress out, it just didn't look right.

Don't give up!

Cindy
    Hi Cindy...

A belated welcome. Glad you found us. We can always use another member who is accomplished at smudge painting. Your words of advice and encouragement are appreciated.

I especially like how you did the border area on this one. It really ads to the effect.

Leave a comment:

• DannyRaphael
    replied

Originally posted by sjordanc View Post
    Hello from Texas
    This is my first post, so Im not sure exactly what I am doing. I'm new I just found this website last night. I am so excited to be able to learn. I'm new to photoshop also. I have just been learning as I go. I have ALOT to learn.
    This baby is adorable. I tried several things with the photographs. Including making a brush out of one and stamping the other.
    Welcome to RetouchPRO. You did just fine on your first one.

For being new to Photoshop, your results are very, very impressive. I especially like the way you did the colors.

I look forward to seeing more of your creativity in the future.

Leave a comment:

• sjordanc
    replied

Hello from Texas
    This is my first post, so Im not sure exactly what I am doing. I'm new I just found this website last night. I am so excited to be able to learn . I'm new to photoshop also. I have just been learning as I go. I have ALOT to learn.
    This baby is adorable. I tried several things with the photographs. Including making a brush out of one and stamping the other.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ThePhotoFixer
    replied

Here is my quick take. Combo of back and forth between Photoshop & Painter. Comments Welcome. Beautiful portrait was fun to do! (Just picked a name that seemed to fit the baby)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• carseasoncity
    replied

Originally posted by cindy fuller View Post
    Hi, Brandi

I'm new to smudge painting as well. It can be hard! I try to paint in the direction of the area. For example, on her cheeks, I did small strokes, but on the dress I did longer strokes in the direction the dress was going, and on her hair, I just "combed" in the direction of the hair growth. Sorry I didn't leave her leg in the painting, but once I got to pulling the dress out, it just didn't look right.

Don't give up!

Cindy
    Awesome work! I haven't had time to practice on this lately...wedding pics to edit...but this inspires me to try again.
    Brandi

Leave a comment:

• mikajomc
    replied

Thanks for letting us play with your photos Brandi! She's so sweet!

-jordan in cinci
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 0lBaldy
    replied

Brandi,
    Such a nice picture I sort of hated to mess with the pixels..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lkroll
    replied

An illustration this time.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cindy fuller
    replied

Hi, Brandi

Don't give up!

Cindy
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lkroll
    replied

Shiney baby.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DameLinda
    replied

I know, I know....needs work...lol
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sweetlight
    replied

Just a quick shot at it before heading out the door.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X