Expectant Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectant Mom

I've been reading the forum for a bit, trying to get the gist of digital art. Some of the information is so beyond me and that is so frustrating. Anyway, this is a picture I took and then "painted" it so to speak. I'd really appreciate any thoughts on it.
    Attached Files

Re: Expectant Mom

I see that my post has been viewed but is there no one with any suggestions? Did I post it incorrectly or something?

Comment

Your painting turned out very good, but I would prefer for light source to be in different place. (Emphasis on tummy, it is THE focal point isnt it)

Comment

You are right, thank you for commenting. I learned quite a bit from this particular shoot. Lighting was a problem but we did the best we could at the time. Maybe a little creative dodging would help.

Comment

hi psa and welcome to RP.

i've mostly moved away from critiques. i'm always afraid i'll crush some budding artist's dreams and spirit.

but, i'll make an exception here since i like this image somewhat. yes, only 'somewhat'. it seems incomplete to me. we cant really be sure if she's pregnant or simply a bit overweight. there is no face showing, so no expressions to go by. i do like the softness of your painting and the tones are good as well, but i feel like i'm not getting the whole story you meant to portray here, which might be the serenity of pregnancy, but we cant really tell. she's in repose, so maybe she was tired, sick or simply content. again, no facial expressions. the covering of the breasts suggests she knew the photo was being taken, which means, to a certain extent, a posed image and not a natural one. that doesnt mean you shld have exposed the breasts; that's NOT what i'm suggesting. it's just that both an arm and a hand are suggesting that she was purposely covering up.

so, all in all, i like your painting style, but the original photo composition is leaving me a bit confused as to what is being conveyed here ... other than your painting style i think i know what you wanted to convey, but i dont see it in the image.

Comment

Tried to capture just the curves with this blacklight chalk rendering.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice shot and nice painting, I agree better lighting would of really made the shot,

had a dabble converting it to B&W with a bit of d&B and a lighting action, unfortunately you loose some of your painted look but you get the idea

Oh and if you are going to retake the shot "hurry up " you wont have that much time left

Palms
              Attached Files

Comment

PSA, Please keep in mind we are only trying to help..

Just a thought along the lighting change to change focus

larger version (here)
                Attached Files

Comment

now see, this is why i dont critique hardly any more... folks dont come back

Comment

OK; painting like this time.

Suffice it to say it takes practice (i.e., too many things to tell you an outline this time).
                    Attached Files

Comment

He asked for advice.

Comment

it's ok; i'm just teasing ... mostly

Comment

Originally posted by Kraellin View Post
                          now see, this is why i dont critique hardly any more... folks dont come back
                          so that is where i went wrong ! I came back

Palms

Comment

I know it's a bit late, but I did come back!! I've been unable to post for a while. Thank you all for your critiques! Yes, it was posed, I didn't want to expose her, that's just not my style or taste. It was a very quick session as the light was leaving by the time we got to that one. I have some others that I did and I'll post them. Again, thank you all for taking the time to post your suggestions and renditions.

Comment

LOL, Welcome back PSA..

Comment

Working...
                              X