Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creative Portraits: Handsome Dude in a White C

Originally posted by sharynideas View Post
    No secret Conan, except that I messed with it a great deal first before I decided to do the stencil. Essentially, the stencil technique involved these steps:
    1. removed the gray background
    2. used the median filter to smooth him out some
    3. adjusted the levels then shadows and highlights
    4. desaturated
    5. merged with a black fill layer
    6. duplicated this layer so that I had two grayscale layers with black fill
    7. on the top layer I used the brightness/contrast slider with the contrast set to 100 adjusted the brightness so that I had a good eye on the left and shadows on the throat and shirt etc. this left most of the right half of the face shadowed
    8. on the second layer I used the brightness/contrast slider with the contrast set to 100 and adjusted the brightness lighter to show up the eye on the right side and bring out more highlights in the hair
    9. Lowered the opacity on the top layer so that I could see both layers and used the eraser to remove any unwanted areas of shadow from the top layer
    10 merged the two layers
    11. Used the anistrophic diffuse filter to smooth out the edges of the black.

I hope this is making some sense to you. I never tried to put down the steps I used before. I have new respect for those who write tutorials
    Shari
    Thank you for taking time to write this!
    It looks difficult to me (yes, I am a noob) , but I am going to give it a try.

Comment

Re: Creative Portraits: Handsome Dude in a White C

Conan,
      I'll be interested in seeing how it turns out.
      Shari

Comment

Working...
      X