Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fur Hatted Lady

Collapse
Loading...
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fur Hatted Lady

    I thought this one would be good to experiment on.

    Original Here from SXC

    I've tried a smudge and a sketch (again)

    Your turn.

    Peter
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: Fur Hatted Lady

    Peter,

    These look great! The smudge is especially striking.

    Kid

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Fur Hatted Lady

      Originally posted by bigkidjr View Post
      Peter,

      These look great! The smudge is especially striking.

      Kid
      Ageed... nicely done. Your sketch style is just supurb.

      - - - -

      Mine: based on Richard Ramsey sketch method
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Fur Hatted Lady

        Striking photo and a super one for experimenting on here is a couple from me for now

        a b&w with impressionist and a smudge

        Palms
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Fur Hatted Lady

          The examples shown are all great , just shows what can be done ! I've never used smudge , but then I've got Painter ! Bill

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Fur Hatted Lady

            Originally posted by Gobsmacked View Post
            The examples shown are all great , just shows what can be done ! I've never used smudge , but then I've got Painter ! Bill
            I do believe you can smudge in Painter, here is a pdf for painter by Fay Sirkus with a similar look

            Palms

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Fur Hatted Lady

              Peter....ANOTHER great 'find' , great smudge and a 'richard ramsay sketch plus' to follow.

              Palms...love the smudge

              Danny about time you were divulging the secrets of the sketching method or is it a 'Pay for Tutorial.

              Had a go at painting her.... but lost something of the likeness along the way, but good practise nonetheless
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Fur Hatted Lady

                Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                Peter....ANOTHER great 'find' , great smudge and a 'richard ramsay sketch plus' to follow.

                Palms...love the smudge

                Danny about time you were divulging the secrets of the sketching method or is it a 'Pay for Tutorial.

                Had a go at painting her.... but lost something of the likeness along the way, but good practise nonetheless
                Thanks all.
                Gilbert if you meant my sketch, it's not a Richard Ramsay sketch, It was all my own stuff, check out my other posts for details.

                Nice stuff all.

                Peter

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Fur Hatted Lady

                  Peter.....I realise it's not an 'R Ramsey method of sketching'...thats why I added the 'plus'....I thought it resembled that style......& and a bit more......and I think its great
                  regards
                  Gilbert

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Fur Hatted Lady

                    Just playing around
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Fur Hatted Lady

                      Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                      Danny about time you were divulging the secrets of the sketching method or is it a 'Pay for Tutorial.'
                      Richard illustrates his method on a DVD he sells.

                      I'm waiting for him to e-mail me a couple example images he's done. When I get them I'll include them as part of the 'waiting in the wings' review.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Fur Hatted Lady

                        A couple of tries.....a sketchy one and a bizarre one.

                        Steve C.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Fur Hatted Lady

                          Steve the bizarre one is awesome

                          Used the Art History Brush this time

                          Palms
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Fur Hatted Lady

                            Great picture and artwork by everyone.
                            I tried to retouch the beautiful girl. I know I'm not involved in the proposed topic and I wait some stones from you
                            Dan
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Fur Hatted Lady

                              I tried a bit of a cartoon.

                              Joe
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X