Challenging colorwise

Thank you for the play
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Pretty young girl

Welcome to our little corner, Edalisse. Nice work

Comment

Greetings Yesterday I stumbled on your site and learned about smudging for the first time. I am totally new to the art world, and I am well aware that I still have a way to go before I even can see what I am looking at I was inspired to try this technique and here is my effort. My husband says it still looks too much like a photo. I had a lot of fun getting it to this point, and need lots more practice to look anything like some of these above! Thanks for all the helpful information, brushes, etc!

PS i have no idea how to insert the file so i attached it
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jeree View Post
          Greetings Yesterday I stumbled on your site and learned about smudging for the first time. I am totally new to the art world, and I am well aware that I still have a way to go before I even can see what I am looking at I was inspired to try this technique and here is my effort. My husband says it still looks too much like a photo. I had a lot of fun getting it to this point, and need lots more practice to look anything like some of these above! Thanks for all the helpful information, brushes, etc!

Hi Jeree,

Welcome to "the fun zone"! -- and congrats on your first smudge, which looks a WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN my first shot at the technique. You did fine on the attach. That's preferred method around here.

re: looks like a photo vs. looks like a painting
          That can definitely be a challenge. Here's something to try...

Before starting the smudge work, seriously boost non-facial and non-hair colors in the image. "Bright, saturated colors" are not typically present throughout a photo.

Ditto for detail. Simplify (smooth out) unimportant areas (not completely, but some) prior to smudging. Photos have a lot of precise detail; paintings do not.

You have a bright future as a digital artist. Good luck on your next creation.

Comment

Originally posted by amica999 View Post
            Welcome to our little corner, Edalisse. Nice work
            Hi Edalisse.

Glad to have you join us.

Wonderful work, especially the eyes.

Comment

Here's a version based on the Impressionist plugin's Conte > "Unsmudged Monochrome" variant with stroke color set to image.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jeree View Post

Welcome to our little corner, Jeree. You did a great job on this rather difficult image, glad you had fun, because thats what its all about :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DannyRaphael View Post
                  Here's a version based on the Impressionist plugin's Conte > "Unsmudged Monochrome" variant with stroke color set to image.
                  Looks great, Danny! I am still amazed what the Impressionist can do

Comment

Working...
                  X