No announcement yet.

My first efforts at photo art

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamonaMarie
    My first photo
    by RamonaMarie
    I'm taking the plunge. Just going to put myself out there. What did Eleanor Roosevelt say? Something about facing your fear? Well, here goes. It's my first attempt after watching the VTC.com Photoshop Restoration tutorial. I only used the healing and patch tools really. I think there was some...
    10-02-2005, 03:13 PM
    PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #91 – Vietnamese Lady
    by Guest
    FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE -or- NEW TO PHOTO-ART?
    Click here for "Information and Guidelines."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #91 – Vietnamese Lady

Here’s another “mini-challenge” to play...
    02-21-2003, 10:29 PM
  • patriciakay
    A Swedish Girl...
    by patriciakay
    Had a request today for a photo of a Swedish girl....Sorry about the sunglasses....but its one of my stepdaughters taken in Spain in March...

Hope you have fun with it...

Patricia... ...
    06-14-2006, 04:11 PM
  • rioville
    First attempt at retouching...
    by rioville
    Hello guys, my name is Mario. And as the tittle says this is my first attempt at retouching. Tell me what you guys think. I am always up for some constructive criticism ...
    12-22-2010, 11:50 PM
  • MBChamberlain
    First photo art...
    by MBChamberlain
    This is my first attempt at photo art. Be gentle.

Michael...
    10-05-2005, 07:49 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bpurvis
    replied
    Re: My first efforts at photo art

I will definitely keep playing. Too fun not to! Last night I tried to reproduce the effect I got on the child, but couldn't do it. Got something nice, but different. 25 layers!

I did figure out how to keep track of what I do without writing everything down. I started taking screen shots of the Impressionist filter before I applied it, then pasted them into a Word document in order. Then I labeled all the layers for everything else. I titled the document with the same title as the image, so I can go back into it and see exactly which filter I used and how I changed brush size, etc, without all the work of hand writing everything down. I think it will really help me reproduce the effect when something turns out really well.

Becky

Leave a comment:

• palms
    replied

Becky hello and welcome
    There are a lot us here who have been "sidetracked"
    I joined here to learn how to improve my photographs and have been sidetracked ever since (and still need to know how to improve taking photo's and editing them )

Believe me you have only just started to scratch the surface there is absolutely loads that can be done

but as already said enjoy and have fun

fiddle around with all the filters and settings see what they do, look through some older posts there is lots of little nuggets of info to be learnt

and my favorite is the cactus

Palms

Leave a comment:

• Joeven
    replied

Keep playing. Don't worry about how you did it. You'll figure that out later. Keep trying different things. It's the best way to learn.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• bpurvis
    replied

Originally posted by sponge03 View Post
    nice work bpurvis, I like the flower and the young girl best.

What did you use for the young girl?
    The little girl is my favorite too. I used a combination of Impressionist filters and Photoshop filters -- maybe 8 layers with different blending modes. I don't really know what I'm doing yet, just playing to see what kind of effects I get. I need to start writing down the steps so I can reproduce them. Sorry I can't list the steps. Maybe next time....

Becky

Leave a comment:

• bpurvis
    replied

Originally posted by Sweetlight View Post

They all look nice. Is it totally just the plug-in doing the work or are you doing anything by hand?

c
    I used several of the Photoshop filters and the Impressionist filter. Lots of layers and blending modes. These are my very first efforts and I haven't tried doing anything by hand yet. I need to read some of the tuts and figure out how some of that beautiful work is done.

Leave a comment:

• sponge03
    replied

nice work bpurvis, I like the flower and the young girl best.

What did you use for the young girl?

Leave a comment:

• Sweetlight
    replied

No B, I think you posted in the correct place but of course I always end up putting stuff in the wrong place so you probably should not take it from me.

They all look nice. Is it totally just the plug-in doing the work or are you doing anything by hand?

c

Leave a comment:

• bpurvis
    replied

Rats. I should have posted in Photo Art 101. Sorry...

Leave a comment:

• bpurvis
    replied

And the last one I did today. My first portrait attempt. I thought it turned out pretty well.

The original was a really light, small file. I did jpeg cleanup in Image Doctor, then enlarged in Genuine Fractals, and then used clarify and added a slight glow in Phototools. Then I was finally ready to play with it.

In looking at it again, I think the cheeks were a little blown out. Should have added some color back into the highlights I guess.

How do you go about printing these kind of images? The only thing I could think of that might work would be something like rag paper.

I would love some feedback on these. I can take criticism! : )
    Becky
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bpurvis
    replied

Next was the photo of the lake.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bpurvis
    replied

Red flower was my first attempt. Then I played with the cactus.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bpurvis
    started a topic My first efforts at photo art

My first efforts at photo art

I joined to improve my photo restoration skills, but am getting seriously sidetracked! I started playing with the impressionist plug-in late last week and am going to post several of my efforts to see how I'm doing. Can't really tell you how I did each one -- just played with lots of layers and different types of blending modes. This is sooooo fun!!!
    Becky
    Attached Files
Working...
X