No announcement yet.

Sketch of my Great Niece and Nephew

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• felly1000
    pencil sketch
    by felly1000
    Converted a photo to sketch...... would love to see some variations.....
    02-19-2009, 12:18 PM
  • keiser
    sketch - daughter
    by keiser
    Have been trying to learn how to do a sketch. Not a soft as I wanted, but thought they looked alright.

original pic, b/w, added light color...
    06-07-2007, 10:02 AM
  • shumicpi
    Photo to Pencil Sketch in Photoshop
    by shumicpi
    What do you think about this effect of making a photo to a pencil sketch? Is it similar like the effect created in online free sites?...
    10-19-2015, 03:41 AM
  • thevision
    Anyone used Sketch Matrix, Akvis or Sketch Master?
    by thevision
    I have not seen any reviews of sketch matrix. I am considering sketch matrix,
    sketch master and akvis. Any help?
    04-12-2010, 08:07 AM
  • alira
    sketch program
    by alira
    I am looking to get a sketch program, can anyone tell me which is better akvis sketch or redfield sketch. Akvis is more expensive, is it worth the difference. I was trying to find a comparison between the 2 but couldn't.

what about free sketch plugins? are there any ?
    11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketch of my Great Niece and Nephew

I tried to do a sketch of my great niece and nephew I whitened out the background . but how would you make it look more like a pencil sketch. more detail in the drawing and background. I followed photoshop Mama Shane from a you tube tutorial on changing a photo into a drawing any help I would appreciate. thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Sketch of my Great Niece and Nephew

here is a recent post for you to take a look through

alternatively you could post a image and see if one is posted that you like, but please say which software you are using

Palms

Comment

I am using photoshop cs2

Comment

Is something like this going in the right direction?
        Attached Files

Comment

One of my favorite filters is Impressionist. I used #pencil>Geo Chaotic Chrome (some mods mainly dealing with pencil widths), and place that result on top of your original set to Lighten. Also, on that result, did a dup burn blend to darken the most dark areas a little more. Added some paper texture and some filler (Danny did too; note this) for the result (well also just a hint towards Sepia).
          Attached Files

Comment

first thank you both for your time and help, I would like to know
            do you have to buy the impressionist filter, and the other one you mention pencil>Geo Chaotic chrome. what is that? When Danny did the background of my niece is that crosshatched? I just a beginner of photoshop and this board has been so helpful. Do you use the pencil brush or just a regular brush. thanks again

Comment

Trimoon (aka, Steve L) hosts the plugin. It works, not only in PS of course, but also in Irfanview (can run most PS compatible filters) and the new program from the creators of Virtual Photographer called Virtual Studio (can run man PS compatible filters too, but not all). Both filter and the afore mentioned programs are free. Presets can be found following this thread which will link you to other threads.

Comment

Originally posted by rosierosierosie View Post
                first thank you both for your time and help, I would like to know
                do you have to buy the impressionist filter, and the other one you mention pencil>Geo Chaotic chrome. what is that? When Danny did the background of my niece is that crosshatched? I just a beginner of photoshop and this board has been so helpful. Do you use the pencil brush or just a regular brush. thanks again
                See attached images for how I achieved the "crosshatch look" without any special brushes.

-->Ask if questions, OK?
                Attached Files

Comment

Rosierosierosie I was hoping you would post a copy of the original, as we would have been better able to show what was capable with your pic, but it was not to be.

So I found this at SXC to use as an example, not the same pose never mind.

This was done mostly by painting on a mask with a brush I devised myself, try it, it's not too difficult. The pic was converted to mono using channel mixer. and there is a sketch layer (set to multiply mode) there as well. (there is an action posted by Palms which does an excellent job for this).
                  I also added a paper texture layer at the top.

Peter
                  Attached Files

Comment

I try want you say I let you know. thank you for your time and help.

Comment

how to you get this action from Palms could you explain in a little more detail on how to do this I pretty new at photoshop thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rosierosierosie View Post
                        how to you get this action from Palms could you explain in a little more detail on how to do this I pretty new at photoshop thank you

here is a link to the action

in case you need it here is how to load actions

then just run the action and see if you like the outcome

the fade button is under edit

Palms

Comment

Working...
                        X