how to get rid of circles in sketch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get rid of circles in sketch

Hi I would like to know how I can get rid of all those circles in this sketch I used an action from palms1 any help I would appreciate.
    Attached Files

Re: how to get rid of circles in sketch

At the end of the action fade it. - (Edit - Fade Diffuse)

Peter

Comment

I tried it and still have circles, what mode do you use in fade diffuse button. thanks

Comment

Here's something to try...

* Add a new layer above all the rest
        * Edit > Fill (with white)
        * Layer > Layer Mask > Hide all
        * Select the Brush tool
        * Set Opacity = 100%, Flow = 15%
        * Make the brush tip about the size of a dot. It does not have to be exact. (Use the [ and ] keys to make brush tip smaller/larger). If you cannot see the outline of the brush tip, press the Caps Lock key.
        * Set Foreground color to white (Press D key; press X key if necessary)
        * "Paint" over the dots as needed. If you erase too much, press X key to make the foreground color black and paint with black to restore.

Comment

thank you I wil try that and let you know

Comment

Good tip Danny and one that will cover a multitude of "sins" in a computer generated sketch. Thanks.

Janet

Comment

IMG]http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/debrarose12/franksketch.jpg[/IMG] Is what I was suppose to do?

Comment

Is this is what you were teling me how would I make it look like it was sketch on paper. thanks so much for your help.
                Originally posted by DannyRaphael View Post
                Here's something to try...

* Add a new layer above all the rest
                * Edit > Fill (with white)
                * Layer > Layer Mask > Hide all
                * Select the Brush tool
                * Set Opacity = 100%, Flow = 15%
                * Make the brush tip about the size of a dot. It does not have to be exact. (Use the [ and ] keys to make brush tip smaller/larger). If you cannot see the outline of the brush tip, press the Caps Lock key.
                * Set Foreground color to white (Press D key; press X key if necessary)
                * "Paint" over the dots as needed. If you erase too much, press X key to make the foreground color black and paint with black to restore.
                Attached Files

Comment

The first pic is your first sketch... I selected the white with the magic wand @ tolerance of 15... inverted selection... added noise @ 29% mono, uniform to get rid of the 'circles'

The second is done with a sketch action called 'Sketcher' by Mike Finn which can be downloaded (free) in a package of 24 great artistic actions @: http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mikefinn/action.html
                  I laid the original on top and changed the mode to color for the hint of color

Yours w/noise~~ Mike Finns Sketcher
                  Attached Files
                  ~.~0lBaldy~.~

Comment

I would also like to add due to the amount of dark/black areas in the original photo, areas like those mentioned will happen

Palms

Comment

what a differnce thank you for your help. I will download the action Have a Happy Fourth Of July, I headed for Macy's Fireworks on the Hudson River in NYC I hope I get some good pictures thank you so much for your time and help.

Comment

Here is what I have done (very quickly so not perfect)

1 dupe
                        2 Shadow highlight
                        3 Palms sketch action (faded 50%) set blend mode to multiply
                        4 Added Channel mixer AL set to mono (adjusted channels to taste)
                        5 New blank layer filled with white added mask
                        6 Using a brush of my own making set to 50-60% opacity painted on the mask with black.
                        7 New blank layer set to overlay mode, painted with black to darken areas and white to lighten. (Same as dodge & Burn)
                        8 Added a paper texture layer
                        9 Added a gradient map AL
                        10 Use USM to sharpen brush strokes on the masked layer.

This is the nearest you'll get to a tut for the methods I've used for this.
                        Using different brushes on the mask will give very different results, as will different settings to the channel mixer AL.

Peter
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks GREAT Peter!!
                          ~.~0lBaldy~.~

Comment

Originally posted by Peter S View Post
                            Here is what I have done (very quickly so not perfect)

1 dupe
                            2 Shadow highlight
                            3 Palms sketch action (faded 50%) set blend mode to multiply
                            4 Added Channel mixer AL set to mono (adjusted channels to taste)
                            5 New blank layer filled with white added mask
                            6 Using a brush of my own making set to 50-60% opacity painted on the mask with black.
                            7 New blank layer set to overlay mode, painted with black to darken areas and white to lighten. (Same as dodge & Burn)
                            8 Added a paper texture layer
                            9 Added a gradient map AL
                            10 Use USM to sharpen brush strokes on the masked layer.

This is the nearest you'll get to a tut for the methods I've used for this.
                            Using different brushes on the mask will give very different results, as will different settings to the channel mixer AL.

Peter
                            excellent Peter Can i add your closest to a tute to my blog so that we all know where it is and it will be by the action ?

palms

Comment

thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X