Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone knows how to achieve this result?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone knows how to achieve this result?

Hi people... I've tryed to discover the way this was done, but I tryed several ways without being satisfyed.

Can anyone give some help about how was made this image?

I don't know who's the photograoher/retoucher. I found this image in the most deepest cluster on my HD, so if you have an idea of who did it, it will help too. I would like to see more postprocess like this

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

Re: Anyone knows how to achieve this result?

Look up vignetting. I like using Xero's soft Vignetting filter for effects similar to this. Also, a blend of a Lomo filter (so many out there that I can't give you a favorite; I actually use a GIMP Script-fu when I want to add a Lomo effect) with Vignetting can give some added Saturation punch.

Comment

It has the look of a Helen Yancy to me
      or another one could be Faye Sirkis

both corel painter artists
      the photoshop alternative would be smudgpainting which there are some links here

Palms

Comment

Ahh; didn't look at it in detail (sample way too small). I see the strokes now. You can give FotoSketcher a try. May want to pre-process you image prior to feeding the result into FotoSketcher. Can also try to do a blend of Impressionist with original and some selective erase throughs to keep the details.

Comment

I'll say this much. It's beautiful light, as light should be seen and dealt with and a nice soft focus, nicely understated. I don't know what else to tell you.
          c

Comment

I can't make out the red writing in the lower left but if it is the photographers name I would start researching there
            ~.~0lBaldy~.~

Comment

Originally posted by 0lBaldy View Post
              I can't make out the red writing in the lower left but if it is the photographers name I would start researching there
              Such agile observation... I didn't saw it!...

Edit: Impossible to read it, and I just have this image in this size

Comment

I am with Baldy, I can't make it out. It looks almost exactly like the Fredrix Canvas logo.
                Still, it's just a very traditional, Rembrandtesque <WOW< I slaughtered that) image.

Maybe you can find some similar under ummm.....what are some light guys from my day (way back) that may help. Back before our beloved digital. Ummm. Ted Saylor out of Tampa/Clearwater, Dean Collins (one of the most famous).........

Wow, I googled Dean Collins for you and first page was his obit. I did not know. I know I preach about "One Sun, One light" but there are shooters that can take a what I would find to be "a lot of lights" and create imagery that is unreal. Dean collins was a true master of that. Google him and you will get a million hits. I think you might find your answers within. But remember, "one sun, one light." The rest is smoke and mirrors.

c
                Last edited by Sweetlight; 08-13-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I work for a portrait photographer and we do a lot of these types of things. We use a vignette created with a very soft very feathered soft brush. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X