Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Nicks

St Nicholas Church.

I tried turning it in to a sketch and this is what I came up with.

Any hints tips I would be very grateful, cheers.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...a/StNicks1.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...8a/StNicks.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Re: St Nicks

That was great creative.
    Last edited by lynn55; 10-26-2009, 12:53 PM. Reason: wrong photo and post link

Comment

Here's a result of running the original picture through an action developed by Palms1/Swampy.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, my way took ages and it was a lot of trial and error, (more error). i'll try this action asap.

Comment

That action is great, I have used it on lots of pics with great results.

Is there a site available where you can download other actions like this?

Thanks again..

Comment

First off, the sketch showed a lot of your hard work. Kudos to you.

Second, please do not post links to pictures. Please post directly into this site. Links disappear over time as people change out their files. That leaves us with useless posts and comments here at RTP. In effect, it makes this post nil and void. We would like to be able to enjoy your work into the future.

Thanks for sharing the sketch action. It is very generous of you to do so. I thought this presented a fun challenge and decided to post my results here along with everyone else. Thanks for the play.

Janet
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Janet Petty; 10-26-2009, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Hi Janet,

Thank you for information.

I edited my old thread for deleted link.

Filter > Pictorialization > Colored Pencil in Photoscape.
              Attached Files

Comment

For my try, I kept the sky and lightened one side and darkened the other.
                Attached Files

Comment

That action is great, I have used it on lots of pics with great results.
                  Is there a site available where you can download other actions like this?
                  Bazn8a: I suspect you could find many actions somewhere on this site -- I personally have not found the right search parameters to show me where actions are. I was going to ask how to find them by posting a new thread, but maybe this reply will get the answer.

Thanks for sharing the sketch action. It is very generous of you to do so.
                  Janet: I assume you were thanking me for the action. (I didn't see any other actions posted in this thread.) And you are quite welcome. But everyone, please be aware that I DID NOT CREATE THE SKETCH ACTION. I merely downloaded it when it was pointed to in another thread, and attached my downloaded zip file in reply to Bazna8a's original post. As best as I can tell, the action was created by Swampy, and modified by Palms1 -- they deserve all of the credit. Thank you, Swampy and Palms1 -- I hope you do not mind my sharing it with others.

Comment

Eureka! I found where I originally got the sketch action from. You can find it here:
                    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...bined-tut.html
                    That thread will also provide a little of the background as to who all was involved in the action's development.

Comment

Originally posted by vbrestorer View Post
                      Eureka! I found where I originally got the sketch action from. You can find it here:
                      http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...bined-tut.html
                      That thread will also provide a little of the background as to who all was involved in the action's development.
                      It is also posted on my blog

If you take a look through this part of the forum there are some actions there, but it may take you a while

here is a bit more specific link for actions
                      Last edited by palms; 10-26-2009, 04:44 PM. Reason: found links

Comment

A bit of prep work then finished off with some Fractalius
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's my try.

Fran
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses, its nice to see lots of variations of my pic all are great.

Also thanks to all the people involved in writing the action vbrestorer provided me with.

Palms1, much abliged for those links. Thanks

Janet[/QUOTE]
                            Originally posted by Janet Petty View Post
                            Second, please do not post links to pictures. Please post directly into this site. Links disappear over time as people change out their files. That leaves us with useless posts and comments here at RTP. In effect, it makes this post nil and void.
                            Sorry, don't know what happened there.. They were not originally links. I use photobucket to show my pics.. maybe I copied the wrong text or something

Comment

Pencil sketch in DAP, tweaked in Photoshop
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X