AHB flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHB flat

After exhausting my search I decided to ask...I bet it's been asked before.
    One of the things I struggle with is many AHB are round our 'dab' or more spiral. Anyone have one that is actually flat and perhaps more square?
    I know I can use any brush, but just wondering if anyone has a favorite...or point me to a past link.

thanks and sorry for redundency.

Re: AHB flat

One of my favourites is to take a normal hard round brush and flatten it:
    • <F5> (To open Brushes panel)
    • Brush Tip Shape: Set "Roundness" to 10%
    • Shape Dynamics: Set Angle Jitter Control to "Direction"

Now you have a pointy stroke which will follow (well, as much as AHB brushes follow anything!) the principle shapes of the image.

The image attached ("Oleander") was done with this brush (+ post AHB enhancments).

Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Ro, thanks for the tip.

Zip- If you look at the standard Photoshop brushes (click the downward triangle to open the Brush Preset Picker, then click the right pointing triangle), one of the sets is Square.
      I believe I heard somewhere they make interesting AHB brushes, although I haven't tried it myself.

Comment

two of my favorites ( apart from Trimoons brushes) are the ps's square brushes and a oval set i made ( think they are in my blog )

Palms

Comment

I probably heard about the squares from you Palms!

Comment

Thanks All! I can't wait to get to these. I love Trimoons too...espially no. 18 I think it is.

Comment

PSALMS, I found your Oval Brushes, can you send me a link to your Flat brushes you mentioned? Thanks so much in advance.
              Deb

Comment

Working...
              X